WHO WE ARE
Stride is an outsourced finance, accounting and HR services company that helps business owners achieve financial freedom. We provide a broad range of back office services with an emphasis on automation and data analytics to unlock efficiency and actionable insight to drive growth and profitability. Until November 2018, The Company had been operating for the last 15 years as Keeping Your Balance, a leading bookkeeping, HR and payroll services firm in San Francisco.
Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional team members care about our clients and strive to help them grow their businesses.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work almost exclusively with fast-growing small business. From restaurants and early stage startups to professional service firms and non-profits, Stride provides a scalable accounting solution for high-growth companies.
The position of Accounting Lead is responsible for the review of financial transactions and generating reports from that information. The Account Lead also reviews reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not an all inclusive list and additional duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Provide client-specific bookkeeping and accounting services including but not limited to:
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks Online, producing reports as requested.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Ensure that client requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Ensure that our service deliverables are accurate and meet client expectations.
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- 5+ years full-charge bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Experience providing A/R, A/P and payroll functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and outside vendors verbally and in writing, providing the necessary follow up to ensure a great customer experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks software.
- High level of general computer knowledge; comfortable learning new programs and tools.
- Comfortable working in a virtual, paperless environment.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines & handle multiple assignments.
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, with initiative and exceptional follow-through.
- Sound judgment, strong decision making skills & abundant common sense.
- High attention to detail, organized, and assertive.
- Self aware, comfortable knowing your own limits and when to ask for help.
- High personal ethical standards.
- Able to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Eager to leverage technology for efficiency and progress.
- Proven ability to manage time and work efficiently.
- Prior experience working in a multi-client environment.
- Friendly demeanor with a positive can-do spirit; takes pride in high-quality work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is remote (work-from-home). You will work from the location of your choice, in a distraction free environment.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic).
- You will use your own equipment, which should include high-speed internet, PC with Windows 7 or newer and MS Office, webcam with microphone and speakers, and phone.
- Travel requirements are infrequent. We typically have an annual in-person company-wide meeting.
- While work schedules can be flexible based on location, please note that all team members are required to work during our core business hours of 9am-2pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to use computer equipment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 95% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
We know that the most successful members of a team give their best when they are in an environment where they can thrive. That is what we are committed to at Stride. Stride offers a wide range of employee benefits for both part-time and full-time employees.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB- https://stride.applytojob.com/apply/job_20191031001226_HO3CMA5JNUFNBDAJ/Accounting-Lead-remote?