Responsible for driving incremental pipeline opportunities and improving win rates along with reducing churn rates for to alliance partners. Tight alignment on sales, product, marketing and commercial. This position will be central and pivotal to driving change and activating a proactive, purposeful, and predictable Go-to-Market across technical, product, sales, and marketing organization in an effort to grow Rackspace revenue through our most strategic partnerships.
- Owns alliance relationship and is responsible for growing and developing the alliance partnership
- Evaluate and establish co-welling agreements when possible
- Establish programmatic selling activities with Rackspace sales team and Alliance partner sales teams
- Establish and strengthen executive sales alignment by building joint strategic business plans with partners and programmatically drive towards key success metrics.
- Participate in regular interaction with Rackspace peers across other business units as well as executives and sales leadership on activities ranging from strategic go-to-market activities to managing quarterly business reviews.
- Interact with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are successful using our services and are properly enabled to identify and qualify Rackspace opportunities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of partner enablement activities, creating repeatable best practices and measurements of effectiveness.
- Create regional field alignment between RAX Commercial and Enterprise sales teams and Alliance sales teams
- Incorporate Tier 1 sales plays with Channel Partners
- Drive co-sell motion via territory mapping
- Conduct enablement of Alliance sellers (matrixed with Product)
- Drive incremental pipeline and opportunities
- Reduce direct churn rates to alliance partners
Key Performance Indicators
- Alliance Metrics: Sourced vs. Influenced, Conversion Rates (MQL to Opp), Closure Rates (Opp to Close), Direct churn saves
- Sales Leadership: Ability to articulate a clear vision of the future state, outlining the steps required to get there, and secure the commitment of the partner and Rackspace to meet quarterly objectives (solution development, pipeline, revenue generation). Establish a governance and cadence model with leaders.
- Business Planning: Define and execute sales strategy for AWS, Microsoft, VMware and/or Google
- Alliance Partner Knowledge: Strong understanding of the partner, including partner economics, solution development, processes to take a solution to market and successful partner management. Understands partners’ sales and sales management goals and objectives, and what influences behavior. Growth in leading sales and alliance teams and understands collaborative relationship that must exist to grow the business.
- Program Knowledge: Strong understanding of channel and alliance partner programs. Partners with Rackspace sales teams to implement our program offerings and assures Rackspace is provider of choice for our ecosystem partners.
- Collaborative: Works collaboratively with all supporting technical integration, marketing, field sales and channel support organizations to ensure all organizations understand what we are trying to accomplish and the importance of their role / organization in our success.
- Presentation Skills: Skilled communicator and effective at delivering executive level presentations. Ability to build and manage Director and VP+ level relationships.
- Conflict Resolution: Able to surface and resolve breakdowns in commitment and drive behavior changes required.
- Utilize business relationship skills, such as negotiating with customers or management, or using influencing skills with senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Receives minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- May provide guidance and training to new team members.
- Decisions impact the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own client group.
- Actions are guided by personal goals and objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Expected to weigh multiple options and outcomes, considering impact within and outside of client group and business function. Typically resolves issue independently utilizing input from peers and superiors.
- Requires 8-10 years of progressive professional sales experience in channel/partner sales, partner development, and go-to-market strategies.
- College degree in Business, Sales, Technology or a related field required. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Sales accreditation or certification in Alliance platform strongly required
- A track record of success in all facets of sales, lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, and closing.
- Strong internal motivation to achieve goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills.
- Agility to operate successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Proven sales and business development experience preferably within the ICT/Managed Service and Hosting arena (e.g. IT/software services, web/application/platform hosting, managed services, datacentre, SAAS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP)
- Strong organizational skills are required with documented success in maintaining revenue generating business relationships in a Partner Network Program.
- The ability to work effectively at all levels within a high-growth, fast-paced environment and drive results
- Demonstrable ability to apply logical thinking and reasoning to a challenge or problem.
- A passion for customer service with a contagious enthusiasm and energy
- High understanding of the sales and marketing processes, procedures and systems used to accomplish the work.
- Advanced knowledge of the Rackspace product portfolio
- In Depth Knowledge and application of go-to-market strategy with external partners.
- Applies understanding of how the partner function relates to other areas in sales, marketing, support, operations, and finance to improve efficiency and effectiveness of own performance.
- Attention to detail and quality of own work and that of your team
- Ability to negotiate and build strong business partnerships both outside and within the organization.
- Experience with managing relationships with disparate groups and creating working teams for key initiatives, working across functions to deliver programs and initiatives on-time and on budget.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.