Oyster is on a mission to remove the barriers to cross-border employment so that talented people around the world can build a great career no matter where they live.
A little about us
We’re on a mission to bring together talented people and great remote jobs by making cross border hiring easy. We want to spread the privileges and benefits of great employment and help make this the norm for remote workers around the world.
We are a 100% distributed company that began its journey in 2019. We’re well-funded and are assembling the core team that will take us to the next level. We’re already a global company with team members in the UK, India, Germany, the USA, Finland, Latvia, and Mexico.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – with interacting engineering, legal, financial, operations, and HR processes. We’d like to find people **who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do**.
We’re an **inclusive** and **diverse** workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
Location: Anywhere in the world within timezone GMT +/-5h or PDT +/-5h.
What we’re looking for…
To fuel its rapid growth, Oyster is looking for uniquely talented Business Development individuals, globally. These individuals are ready, not only to sell the amazing benefits of remote working, but to embrace it themselves. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the future of work, to become a thought-leader in this rapidly growing space and earn lucrative performance-based commission. Working with an agile and innovative customer base of like minded companies and leaders. As such, Oyster is looking for individuals with 1-3 years of sales experience who:
- Are able to show numerous examples of how they have worked successfully in teams and contributed to the progress of others who have worked with them
- Show enthusiasm and passion for the work they do, and come across as engaging and motivated to the people they meet, especially their customers
- Can talk in detail about their past performance and the experiences and lessons learnt that help them to manage their performance more effectively today
- Demonstrate a genuine curiosity about their customers’ businesses and subsequent needs. Being able to talk extensively about the customer problems they have helped to solve in their previous roles
- Have a bias for action, working proactively to ensure they always meet the number while ensuring that their customers get the best service possible
- Enjoy problem solving and can share anecdotal evidence of challenges overcome, the lessons learned and how this helps them today
- Qualify inbound sales enquiries for the regional Business Development Leads and manage the full sales cycle up to close, for inbound deals below a certain threshold.
- Conduct outbound sales prospecting from target lists provided and generate meetings for the Business development Leads.
- Present and articulate the capabilities of our employment platform to targeted customer segments and personas
- Qualify leads and prospects in a systematic manner that creates new and predictable pipeline.
- Create awareness for OysterHR among remote-first and remote-open companies by reaching out and starting conversations with their HR and hiring functions.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop and improve the effectiveness of our go-to-market efforts
- Work in our CRM to forecast accurate future revenues, update records and track activity across accounts and contacts
What’s it like to work at Oyster
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
- Great communications and presentation skills
- 1-3 years experience in a customer-facing business development or sales role
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience with the digital tools and tactics of B2B prospecting (eg Salesloft, Zoom)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- BONUS Passionate about remote work
- BONUS Experience selling or talking to the HR function
- BONUS Speak two or more languages to business proficient level
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one).
- Fluent English language.
Benefits & Compensation
- Opportunity to have social impact by connecting global employers with talent around the world, helping local communities thrive and people realise their dreams.
- Competitive base salary.
- Remote work flexibility (yes you can work from anywhere in-region that has a safe and productive work environment and a good internet connection),
- Uncapped commission plan and base salary in a market where inbound demand is significant as a result of changing work habits resulting from the Pandemic
- Great benefits.
- Collaborative, transparent, passionate team and culture. With colleagues who have worked at and built companies and teams in organizations that include Uber, Prezi, Nexmo, Bain, Carta, Ebay, World Economic Forum and others.