D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a Channel Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining D2L’s partner relationships. The successful candidate will need to interact and be integrated across D2L’s customer segments, business groups, marketing, services and sales teams. Key job duties will include prospecting for channel partners, handling incoming partner inquiries, partner on-boarding, and coordination with the ‘virtual teams’ required to turn these partnerships into sustainable growth for D2L. The Channel Account Manager will have a passion for sales and education technology and demonstrate exceptional organization and prioritization skills.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Meeting and exceeding assigned pipeline quota for sales of D2L’s products and services through channel partners in region
- Understand the D2L Global Channel strategy, relationships, programs and objectives and how they relate to D2L sales
- Recruiting regional and global partners in accordance with the D2L Global Channel strategy
- Solidifying key relationships required to build and sustain a long-term business relationship between D2L and the partner
- Accelerate adoption of D2L’s solutions in the target markets through marketing to partner’s prospects and clients, and leveraging complementary solution partners to offer products and services to a wider client base
- Actively work with the sales team and scan the market to define market and customer requirements and future opportunities
- Leading the development and ongoing management of annual business plans with channel partners
- Overseeing day-to-day management and support for all aspects of business relationship with channel partners, including detailed channel pipeline management
- Create and manage a plan with partners to ensure that prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Working closely with Marketing to develop and execute marketing plans and programs with channel partners
- Continual learning about new products and improving selling skills. Understand the D2L Global Channel Strategy, relationships, programs and objectives and how they relate to D2L sales
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to speak intelligently about the education industry
- Pro-actively engage in local market competitive intelligence gathering, keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows with channel partners
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations in accordance with D2L processes
- Assisting with contract negotiation as required
- Defining and executing yearly territory business plans and individual partner plans
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years’ experience in a related role with a track record of success managing channel partner relationships, leading partner initiatives and developing/managing strategic or major accounts
- A great attitude with a willingness to be persistent and solve challenges
- Ability to deliver excellent communication with cross-functional ‘virtual teams’ both inside D2L and the partner
- Strong account management and business planning skills
- Documented experience in the enterprise solution sales process, follow up implementation and management
- Solid leadership abilities to interface between business partners and internal key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the eLearning market, general software market, and key players
- Experience leading partner initiatives and developing/managing strategic or major accounts
- Ability to impact, influence and make decisions
- Ability to demonstrate sufficient technical aptitude to identify partnering opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
WHY WE’RE AWESOME:
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including the Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.