What if your work had an impact on millions of online shoppers around the world?
Imagine if you could improve the experience your friends, family and millions of others have when shopping online, so that each time they purchase a product or service from a brand’s website, they feel understood and have a shopping experience that’s completely personalized for them and their needs.
Ultimately, that’s what we’re trying to do here at ConvertFlow.
The challenge is the marketers, who are in charge of creating those tailored shopping experiences, are limited technically. Running promotions and launching personalized experiences on their websites means ridiculous amounts of time spent coding or waiting on developers.
As ConvertFlow’s Content Marketer, you’ll be able to help thousands of marketing teams use a platform that eliminates their need to code, unlocks their performance and gives them the power to create personalized shopping experiences online, as well as drive massive growth for the companies they work with.
At the same time, you’ll be able to help shape marketing strategy, author educational content that inspires thousands of companies, connect with brilliant marketers at leading brands, as well as become a recognized leader in your field.
Since launching at Techstars in 2016, ConvertFlow has quickly grown to a passionate community of over 10,000 marketing teams, entrepreneurs and agencies. See some of our customer reviews on Product Hunt.
We need your help to scale ConvertFlow’s impact and take it to the next level, on the journey to becoming an industry leader.
Why this role?
- Make a huge impact on the company: Since our launch in 2016, ConvertFlow has grown into a platform used by 10,000+ marketing teams and agencies around the world – all without having its own dedicated marketing team. All of our growth so far has come from word-of-mouth, co-marketing, and a bit of SEO. You’ll have the opportunity to scale what’s worked, as well as drive growth through brand content, user education, co-marketing and SEO.
- Grow a product people love that solves big problems: Every hour, about 100,000 people around the world are engaging with personalized campaigns crafted in ConvertFlow by marketers at small businesses, agencies and industry-leading companies. By eliminating the need for marketers to code or wait on developers, we’re giving them the power to create better buying experiences for online shoppers and drive massive growth for the brands they work with.
- Become a leader in your field: ConvertFlow’s success depends on our ability to produce extremely good content that influences and inspires marketing strategies and campaigns at thousands of companies around the world. Not only will you learn fast, you’ll also have a platform to make a name for yourself and establish key relationships in the industry.
- Master your craft + gain new super powers: Everyone here wears multiple hats. This means that you’ll have to the opportunity to double down on your strengths, as well as learn new skills outside of your expertise that take your ability to drive growth to new heights.
- Join us at a magical time: We’re a small team serving thousands of enthusiastic marketers and running a profitable company. Fortunately, we’re in the position where our customers pay the bills, not our investors. This give us the opportunity to grow thoughtfully, have fun, take big swings and focus on serving our customers above all. We also have the privilege of being a Techstars-backed startup, which means we’re able to access exclusive startup resources, a network of industry experts and world-class mentorship when needed to help us grow.
- Work with an ambitious, resourceful team: We’re taking on a big problem, in a big market, in creative ways. Because we play the long-game and tackle hard problems head on, we’ve been able to achieve the scale of teams many times our size, without pouring money into customer acquisition or throwing investor cash at problems.
We’re on a mission to help companies thrive by giving marketers the superpowers they need to drive massive growth.
ConvertFlow is the all-in-one platform for converting website visitors. With our platform, marketers can create, personalize and launch campaigns across their website that generate customers and grow revenue. Today, over 10,000 marketing teams use ConvertFlow to take campaigns from idea to launch, without coding. This includes small business entrepreneurs and agencies who want to execute like a team twice their size, as well as marketing teams at enterprise companies that want to launch campaigns with the speed and agility of a startup.
Life at ConvertFlow
We’re a small team that loves great marketing, design and products that make our lives easier. We’re building ConvertFlow as a distributed company. This means working together online, outside of a central office, is our default.
We collaborate on projects using Notion. Most team communication happens over Slack, and meetings are done via Zoom video calls.
Being a distributed company gives us the freedom to work where we are most comfortable, as well as optimize our own schedules around a healthy routine, focused work and work/life balance.
About this role
So, what will you do as ConvertFlow’s Content Marketer?
As ConvertFlow’s Content Marketer, you’ll help ConvertFlow and its customers succeed through the following…
- Develop and improve a sustainable content marketing and SEO strategy.
- Create useful content that will help ConvertFlow become a go-to resource for our target customers and communities – you’ll produce educational content, scripts for video, copy for landing pages, written tutorials, email copy, social posts, and other collateral.
- Package content and distribute it across social media, email, our website, video, and more. Figure out how to remarket it to our audience to motivate, educate, and drive more people to use our platform.
- Plan, prioritize and coordinate the creation of ConvertFlow templates by collaborating with our product team, partners and growing network of designers.
- Work closely with ConvertFlow’s community, as well as support and product teams to learn about our users, what they want to see, how they understand ConvertFlow, and how they can get the most out of the platform.
- Devise experiments with new types of content and formats that help attract and onboard users. We want your help on strategy, not just execution.
- Develop and maintain a content marketing engine, which may involve managing and editing contributions from other employees, freelancers, partners, and community members.
- Identify all the touch points in our users’ lifecycle where we can use content to help deepen their understanding and engagement, as well as help them become evangelists.
- Partner with other publications and produce guest content for them.
- Help us learn, measure and grow through performance reports and analysis. Our content and growth strategies are always rooted in specific business and quarterly goals.
- Work on the conversion optimization of the website, funnels, onboarding sequences and blog content.
You might be a good fit if…
- You love writing and are passionate about the craft of writing, in all its forms – short copy, long copy, stories, scripts, and more.
- You can explain complex concepts clearly, tell compelling stories, and write with personality. Most business content is boring. Your work will need to educate, entertain and inspire our audience.
- You enjoy editing, word-smithing and taking content, whether your own or someone else’s, from good to great.
- You have experience with content marketing for B2B/SaaS companies and/or startups. We’re looking for someone who can show how they’ve been directly involved in building an audience, helping customers succeed, educating, and using content to motivate readers and earn more customers.
- You value visual storytelling and have the ability and interest to work with designers, and create graphics, videos, gifs, screenshots, etc. to complement your writing.
- You invest in deeply knowing your audience before writing for them, and understand why the content you’re creating serves them. You’re curious, ask questions, share your learnings, and enjoy talking with your audience. You think being your audience, or at least being close to your audience, is critical to the success of your work.
- You have enough experience to be strategic and opinionated when it comes to making decisions about content, the role it plays in the customer journey, and its alignment with a company’s long-term goals and quarterly objectives.
- You have strong writing skills in English — both short form (messaging) and long form (product guides). You pay attention to details and love to get creative with words.
- You can speak clearly and enthusiastically when producing audio or video content.
- You thrive when you can direct yourself. In this role, you’ll have a lot of freedom over how you work and will be measured based on your impact. Therefore, you need to be well-organized and good at managing yourself.
- You can develop and explain a basic B2B content strategy, and the role a content piece plays in an overall plan.
- You have a good understanding of technical SEO and know how to do on-page SEO for content you write.
- You’ve managed relationships with customers, partners and other parties who may be involved in contributing to content.
- You have a good understanding of how marketing online works. For example, content marketing, advertising, SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, conversion rate optimization, and how they can work together to get results. You don’t need to have domain expertise in all of these functions, but you need to have a basic understanding of how they work.
- Your daily work schedule can overlap with Eastern time business hours (minimum of 4 hours).
Bonus points for the following…
- You’re already an active ConvertFlow user
- You have experience using popular email marketing tools like MailChimp, HubSpot, ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft.
- You have experience using a popular CMS like WordPress or Shopify.
- You have experience with basic HTML and CSS, website themes and plugins.
- You’re enticed by the eventual opportunity to manage a team.
- You’re based in the US
- You’re based in the South Florida area
- You have run your own agency/successful freelancing business.
- Experience using SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush or similar.
- Experience reporting on content using Google Analytics and creating posts optimized for search.
- You’ve managed other writers.
- You’ve created video and audio content in the past.
- You have experience working remotely and managing your own schedule
- Work from anywhere (we’re a distributed team), as long as you have daily overlap with Eastern Time business hours
- Work with a small team that’s ambitious and punches above its weight.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Monthly co-working stipend