Thomas Marketing Services is looking for a skilled Copy Editor with experience in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. You geek out on grammar, have a passion for strong writing, and are excited about being part of a hard-working, fun, quickly expanding team. While you enjoy working independently to proofread high volumes of content, you also appreciate a team atmosphere for brainstorming topic ideas, developing content strategies for clients, and engaging with growing company culture.
Reporting to our Managing Editor, you’ll be working closely with a team of Strategists, Analysts and Designers to deliver clear, persuasive copy for our client’s marketing deliverables!
Please note: this role can operate in a remote capacity!
What you’ll be doing as our Copy Editor:
- Review original content for web pages, blogs, eBooks, case studies, and press releases written for our industrial (manufacturing/engineering) clients.
- This will include copy editing, proofreading, and fact-checking all content.
- Optimize content, iterate based on feedback, and make updates to ensure the voice, style, and direction of content meet specific publishing content standards for each client while providing educational value and important information to the target audience
- Act as the final QC checkpoint before delivering reviewed, approved content to managers and publishers
- Develop original content based on provided outlines, resources, and strategic content goals — though this role will mainly focus on copyediting responsibilities, writing will also be a responsibility.
What you bring to Thomas:
- Degree in English, Journalism, or Communications required
- 0-2 years of experience in writing and editing (an additional year in editing is preferred)
- Impeccable editing, proofreading, grammar, and writing skills. Experience with AP Style preferred and SEO experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding reliability and time-sensitivity, especially with daily deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively in an agency-style, team environment across a range of varied projects
- Stellar organization skills and ability to manage own workload independently
What Thomas can offer you:
- Great benefits including 4 weeks PTO, medical, dental, & 401K
- Summer Friday
- Training and career growth opportunities