Do you have a passion for the written word? Do you have strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a tireless commitment to providing an excellent customer experience? Do an entrepreneurial but established company, team, and environment help you perform at your peak?
Join a team of creatives who support an online learning company of over 100 people! A leader in online learning, continued offers subscription-based continuing education in multiple professional areas.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions, and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® and ranked #6 on the Best Small Workplaces in the U.S. in 2019. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Copywriter will create compelling creative across our online, print, sales, and conference marketing and communications vehicles. This position will work collaboratively with the lead Copywriter and the design, eCommerce, marketing, and editorial teams to produce creative executions in support of continuing education websites and communities for both continued.com and sister company simucase.com.
- Full-Time, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc.
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings (as soon as COVID-19 clears of course!)
- Complete copywriting projects within the defined communication style and brand guidelines for print, direct mail, email, web, and other marketing projects
- Write appealing sales content for multiple communications executions (e.g., media kits, conference collateral, newsletters)
- Review customer-facing content across departments to ensure compliance with brand tone
- Write, edit, and proofread copy throughout the copy development process, from receipt of briefs to final execution
- Collaborate across teams to maximize the appeal and effectiveness of copy for each audience
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain and update the copy style guide
- Audit copy for compliance with external requirements and edit as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years experience copywriting in a business or agency environment or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of different writing styles and techniques required to appeal to different audiences across multiple platforms (i.e., web, print, sales, mobile)
- Experience working collaboratively in a dynamic environment with design and UI/UX teams
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with multiple complex projects running concurrently
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately to persuade key stakeholders on the viability, practicality, and emotional benefit of your recommendations
- Experience with trade show, conference, and association marketing preferred
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. In your cover letter, please include:
- why you would make a great addition to the team
- a short paragraph describing a copywriting project that you are most proud of and why.