A copywriter skilled in both long- and short-form content for websites, eBooks, educational blog posts, white papers, and creating compelling lead-generating copy for Uhuru technical and non-technical clients.
Copywriter (Not an aspiring Marketer. Have a true dedication to the craft.)
Location: Virtual. Will work from your home office.
Employee Type: Full Time
Support TEAM: YES! In-house marketing strategy, editors, designers, development and channel support.
Job Type: Marketing Client Services Team
Experience: 4-8 years’ experience writing in an agency or in-house marketing department environment.
Topic Experience: General Copy, Industry Expert Copy, Authority Building Copy, Direct Response
Uhuru’s Copywriters should be equipped with the ability to make even the most mundane details into remarkable and engaging stories.
This copywriter position is responsible for turning client messaging strategies and content schedules into a wide variety of marketing copy deliverables. From website content and Ebooks to educational blog posts and white papers, you will be responsible for creating compelling, lead-generating copy for Uhuru clients across a wide range of industries.
First and foremost, the Content Marketing Copywriter must possess the ability to brainstorm and develop written concepts within the confines of
pre-established marketing strategies for clients across a wide range of industries.
- You eat, sleep and dream about marketing copy.
- Bad grammar makes you cringe.
- You take punctuation personally.
To handle the fast-paced work environment, you should be extremely organized and capable of moving easily between client voices. The ability and desire to work closely with other writers and creative team members is a must.
Our copywriters cover many niches that include everything from tech, finance and IT to health and wellness. Some of the more common writing niches, in order of priority, that we have include:
- SaaS & Software
- Human Resources
- Health & Wellness
- SEO/Digital Marketing
- Real Estate
- Sports & Fitness
- …and much more!
You should be fantastic at this type of writing:
- Long form blog posts (like these)
- Case studies (like these)
- Website copy (like this)
- Ebooks (any of these are examples)
- Social media copy
- Direct Response Ad Copy
Yes, this awesome position will be remote. Location independence!
If you have experience working in the inbound or content marketing world, we’d love to talk to you!
** To apply, you must include your portfolio and/or samples of your recent work **
- Write clear, succinct and compelling educational and promotional marketing content for a wide range of clients, with a focus on technology and professional services clients
- Create grammatically clean long-form copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, calls-to-action, blog posts, etc.
- Write in multiple styles and for multiple formats as required by client style and prospect personas
- Collaborate with the creative director, the editors and the client services team to ensure creative concepts, tactics and copy are in line with client style, voice and messaging/keyword strategy
- Write search engine optimized content based off of strategically identified keywords
- Initiate and participate in consultations with the creative director and client services team to ensure the implementation of smart creative strategies
- Complete execution of all copywriting efforts to ensure delivery of client materials on strategy, on budget and on schedule
- Adhere to Uhuru’s standards of creative quality and excellence
- Work closely with the creative director and editors to understand and follow established systems and best practices for content creation, distribution and repurposing
- Contribute to Uhuru’s agency content creation efforts, balancing the demands of the role with participation in broader agency initiatives
The Successful Uhuru Copywriter should be able to:
- Understand the client’s brand, tone, and industry style.
- Understand your client’s story and message.
- Manage multiple clients content production activities with Uhuru’s Agile Process
- Work with Uhuru Digital Marketing Strategist, Digital Marketing Consultants and the Client to craft a tone that speaks to the client’s personas.
- Ability to develop long-form valuable and useful resources in domains outside your topic experience.
- Be the domain expert within your Hive Team. (Before applying, read our article to see how we construct client services teams: The Best Marketing Team Structure to Increase Efficiency and Output)
The successful Copywriter candidate should possess the following key traits and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English or a related field
- 4-8 years’ experience writing in an agency or in-house marketing department environment
- Native to social media with expertise in writing for the web, including (but not limited to) websites, blog posts and emails
- Proven examples of past creative concepts and copy that produced measurable results
- Enthusiastic proponent of good writing standards and practices; keen awareness of appropriate tone and content of pieces
- Eagerness to keep up with developments in the field through both individual research and guided extended learning
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to self-edit
- Solely dedicated to working for Uhuru. (While we love and respect freelancers and other fantastic content creators who are looking for new projects, this job is for one who wants to wholly immerse themselves in working for one company—namely, ours.)
Hopefully, our careers page gave you a sense of our team but here’s a bit more.
We have a lot of fun and love what we do.
Our motivation is honestly not about making a lot of money; rather it’s building something we’re proud of and having a significant impact on the companies we work with.
We’re a group of people who value friendship and relationships and want to pursue future business ideas together. We’re a small team that is growing fast who trusts each other and loves working together.
Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
Please note: After you submit an application, we’ll want to get to know you more. You’ll be asked to email a short video introducing yourself and saying why you want to be a part of the Uhuru Team.