What if your work had an impact on millions of online shoppers around the world?
Imagine if you could improve the experience that your friends, family and millions of others have when shopping online, so that each time they purchase a product or service from a brand’s website, they feel understood and have a shopping experience that’s completely personalized for them and their needs.
That’s what we’re trying to do here at ConvertFlow.
The challenge is the marketers, who are in charge of creating those tailored shopping experiences, are limited technically. Running promotions and launching personalized experiences on their websites requires ridiculous amounts of time spent coding or waiting on developers.
As ConvertFlow’s Customer Onboarding Specialist, you’ll be able to help thousands of marketing teams use a platform that eliminates their need to code, unlocks their performance and gives them the power to create personalized shopping experiences online, as well as drive massive growth for the companies they work with.
At the same time, with the insights you gain from working closely with these marketers, you’ll be able to help shape product direction, help shape what features get built, author educational content, as well as help make the platform they use an even more powerful part of their workflow.
Since launching at Techstars Chicago in 2016, ConvertFlow has quickly grown to a passionate community of about 5,000 marketing teams, entrepreneurs and agencies. Providing top-notch customer service has been part of our culture since day one. See some of our customer reviews on Product Hunt.
We need your help to scale ConvertFlow’s customer experience and take it to the next level, on the journey to becoming an industry leader.
Why this role?
- Work on a product people love that solves real problems: Every hour, up to 60,000 people around the world are engaging with personalized campaigns crafted in ConvertFlow by marketers at small businesses and agencies, as well as marketing teams at fast-growing technology and ecommerce companies, who no longer have to code or wait on developers.
- Meaningfully shape that product: Everyone on our support team doubles as a UX researcher, helping us understand and serve our users better. Your voice carries the most weight when we decide what to build next.
- Join us at a special time: We’re a startup team serving thousands of enthusiastic marketers and running a profitable company. Thankfully, we’re in a fast-growing market, where our customers pay the bills and fund most of our growth. This give us the opportunity to grow thoughtfully, rely less on investors, take big swings and focus on serving our customers above all. We also have the privilege of being a Techstars-backed startup, which means we’re able to access world-class startup resources, industry experts and mentorship when needed to help us grow.
- Gain new skills fast. Because we’re a lean and fast-moving team, we all take on many different roles that are new to us, whether that’s writing, UX design, creating new processes, systems and more. Though this role’s title says “specialist”, as an early team member, you’ll be wearing lots of hats and learning new skills fast. Your mind, abilities, and understanding of what it takes to grow a startup will expand every day.
We’re on a mission to help companies thrive by giving marketers the superpowers they need to drive massive growth.
ConvertFlow is the all-in-one platform for converting website visitors. With our platform, marketers can create, personalize and launch campaigns across their website that generate customers and grow revenue. Today, about 5,000 marketing teams use ConvertFlow to take campaigns from idea to launch, without coding. This includes small business entrepreneurs and agencies who want to execute like a team twice their size, as well as marketing teams at enterprise companies that want to launch campaigns with the speed and agility of a startup.
Life at ConvertFlow
We’re a team that loves great marketing, design and products that make our lives easier. We’re building ConvertFlow as a distributed company. This means working together online, outside of a central office, is our default.
We collaborate on projects using Notion. Most team communication happens over Slack, and meetings are done via Hangouts or Slack video calls.
Being a distributed company gives us the freedom to work where we are most comfortable, as well as optimize our own schedules around a healthy routine, focused work and work/life balance.
About this role
So, what will you do as ConvertFlow’s Customer Onboarding Specialist?
This is a full-time role. As ConvertFlow’s Customer Onboarding Specialist, you’ll help ConvertFlow and its customers succeed through the following…
Improve user activation and feature adoption:
- Help our users accomplish their goals with ConvertFlow. We use Intercom to answer questions, provide guidance, and collect feedback via live chat and email.
- Organize customer feedback for the team and champion the customer’s voice. We take this extremely seriously and rely on the customer feedback-loop to shape product direction and roadmap.
- Create product guides, documentation and video tutorials that educate people about features and what they can do to get more out of ConvertFlow.
- Host public & private demos, webinars, and training with leads and customers periodically.
- Help our team understand how releases of new features went, how they were adopted by users and how to potentially improve future releases.
- Create and continuously update our knowledge base, so self-servicing customers can figure out how to achieve outcomes on their own.
- Design a system for measuring customer health and process for engaging new users to ensure they get value and see “success” with ConvertFlow.
Improve user retention and reduce customer churn/cancellation rate:
- Help customers with technical integrations and troubleshooting to quickly identify the source of customer issues.
- Proactively reach out to high-value customers. You’ll regularly connect with multiple points-of-contact at their company to identify their goals, advise them on more effective product usage, solicit feedback, and align them with future goals.
- Reach out to “likely to cancel” customers to help them get value from ConvertFlow.
- Engage with canceling customers and design systems for improving “win-back” followup.
- Improve workflow for tracking bugs, feature requests, and better ways to improve our support processes.
- Relay bugs to developers and keep customers updated while our team prioritizes and releases bug fixes.
You might be a good fit if…
- You have strong writing skills in English — both short form (messaging) and long form (product guides). You pay attention to details and love to get creative with words.
- You’re patient, warm, and organized in your thinking. Empathy is key.
- You’re curious about people and problems. You’re a good listener who’s naturally interested to dig in, ideate, and find solutions.
- You want to get into UX research, product ops, or marketing at some point in your career.
- Have previous experience in a customer success role, technical support or in managing client relationships.
- You’re excited by the idea of guiding people to execute their ideas using a powerful product, and seeing the massive impact your guidance can have on a company’s marketing results and growth overtime.
- You actually enjoy troubleshooting problems and overcoming technical and non-technical challenges.
- You have experience working remotely and managing your own schedule.
- Are based in the US and can work 9AM-5PM Eastern timezone.
Bonus points for the following…
- You have experience using popular email marketing tools like MailChimp, HubSpot or Infusionsoft.
- You have experience using a popular CMS like WordPress or Shopify.
- You have experience with basic HTML and CSS, website themes and plugins.
- You’re enticed by the eventual opportunity to manage a team.
- You’re based in the South Florida area.
- Work remotely
- Work with a startup team that’s ambitious and punches above its weight.
- Flexible vacation time
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Flexible work schedule
- Monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salary