Coder is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager. We need someone who can come in and establish all our operations around digital marketing, including campaigns, advertising, social media, and SEO optimization. But note up front that we are not just looking for someone who wants a job, we are looking for someone who wants to take a leading role in advancing how software is developed in the enterprise. We’ve developed a great solution that adds a lot of value to a lot of people – and now we need someone to help tell its story.
We are a startup so your responsibilities will be both broad and deep – and we’re moving very quickly so you’ll need to prioritize effectively and establish lightweight processes to ensure you’re making the best use of your time and resources to propel Coder forward. It’s definitely a firehose in a whirlwind but in a good way of course. Note that you will have to balance between marketing to the enterprises who will purchase our solutions, as well as engaging directly with the engineers and developers who will be using our product.
The Digital Marketing Manager will report to the VP Marketing
You will be responsible for the following:
- Advertising — Identify and utilize relevant advertising channels to reach and convert customers, including search and social media. Create and maintain online listings across relevant platforms including developer-focused marketplaces and communities and enterprise focussed publications.
- Website Optimization and SEO — Optimize our most comprehensive and important marketing campaign, our website, to reach its appropriate audiences. Structure all our communications for SEO.
- Marketing Analytics — Let data drive us. Measure everything and revise everything we do based upon those measurements. Analyze and refine all marketing engagement flows to maximize conversion and product usage. Define our KPIs. Measure Customer Acquisition Costs. Understand customer lifetime value. And find a succinct way to communicate relevant marketing metrics throughout the organization. Prove the ROI of our marketing investments. A/B test a lot of stuff.
- Outreach – Develop relationships with sites, publications, and individual influencers to communicate expand our marketing reach, develop our community, and to obtain input on our solutions
- Social Media – Establish our presence across all relevant social media platforms. Define a specific audience and approach for each. Routinely conduct social media audits to ensure best practices are being used and targets are being met.
- Email Marketing – Develop our email list through value-added engagements. Execute campaigns to these individuals via this channel, while maintaining the integrity of our brand.
- Integrated Marketing Campaigns – Coordinate across the sales and customer success teams to run marketing campaigns. Develop messaging and collateral, identify core targets, measure results, learn, and repeat. Help us drive revenue.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Expert level knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing (Content Marketing, SEO, Social Media, PPC., etc.) and how they all work together.
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing (less experience is okay if you can show amazing results from past work).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- Experience with Moz, BuzzStream, GroupHigh, Link Research Tools, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs.
- Ability to organize and analyze data with Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Be self-disciplined and motivated as well as a team player. Be extremely organized and detail-oriented but also be creative and innovative.
- Be uber-competitive but always compassionate and helpful to others.
- Have a thirst for knowledge…constantly reading, studying, and testing.
- Love knowing everything and talking about it but nothing satisfies you more than DOING it!
- Need excellent communication skills via email, phone call, tweet, in-person, etc.
- Proven leadership qualities.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
– A passion for your craft
– A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don’t get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time: output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.