This director leads the regional Human Resources function to design, implement and advise on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction through subordinate managers and staff regarding Compassion’s human resource function and objectives. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, and managing work to achieve global strategies and objectives. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and contributes to the development of strategy and makes decisions based on operational priorities.
Candidates living in Philippines, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or Indonesia are preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Compiles or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Manages subordinate managers and professionals to ensure education and coaching of managers and employees, answering questions and instilling responsibility on employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation, succession planning, benefits, talent acquisition, and similar topics. Performs those duties personally, as well, and may also lead recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, merit compensation processes, and other human resources related programs.
- Relying on her or his current and complete understanding of regional, national, international, and local laws and regulations covering employment issues in client countries, leads managers who protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Responds to, investigates, and develops resolutions regarding complex internal stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Leads client leadership and executives to properly engage teams in achieving functional objectives in the client area, analyzing the level of engagement of teams using personal expertise and tools designed by appropriate groups. Manages the implementation of timely programs, methods and tools to address issues that hinder team members’ level of contribution.
- Manages cross-functional teams to evaluate and develop new or improved existing human resources programs and interventions with significant impact to Compassion. Further, uses human resource metrics to identify and analyze areas of improvement.
- Leads assigned team in accomplishing regular programs such as merit, benefits enrollment, pay adjustments, new employee orientation, and performance management.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Experience working in human resources across multiple countries, cultures and/or regions is required.
- Experience managing virtual teams is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule