TrueData (http://www.truedata.co/) is the leading Data Platform for Growth, capturing billions of mobile-first signals each day across mobile app installs, store/location visits, email authentications, and other events. Using those data inputs, we build the most accurate data and intelligence products in existence and put them to work to help brands and publishers grow. Ultimately we deliver data solutions that boost customer/user acquisition, marketing performance, and product ROI, at scale.
We are experiencing tremendous momentum, and are expanding our team. Our Director of Product Management (alternate level available for the right fit based on experience) is a highly strategic hire and will report directly to our Chief Product & Strategy Officer.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Management professional to engage with fast-moving, internal & external stakeholders to conceive, design, and execute product strategy & development for several critical data products & infrastructures. These include i) TrueData’s Growth Platform & associated Machine Learning components, ii) our foundational data lakes/pipelines/ingestion procedures (SDK/batch), iii) TrueData’s internal tools/systems. With support from the CPO, you will lead the development of TrueData’s product roadmap, and prioritize/execute precisely to ensure that the most visible manifestations of TrueData’s technology are the absolute best possible.
Our Director of Product Management can be based anywhere in the US.
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining Product Strategy. Working along with stakeholders across the organization (Engineering, Sales, Product, etc.) you will help to define and prioritize our roadmap.
- Gathering Requirements & Creating Simple Solutions. You’ll be in-market with our sales team to understand client/market needs and work to distill complex data problems into accessible, actionable, and accurate solutions.
- Prioritizing, Optimizing, & Supporting Releases. You’ll live in Jira with our engineers & scrum master, constantly creating incremental releases to squash critical bugs, while focusing our core engineering horsepower on new product development/iteration. You’ll work to balance speed vs. feature set trade-offs in real-time, and ultimately ensure our final products deliver on key external and internal requirements.
- Driving Product Activation. You’ll help architect go-to-market strategy and product rollouts across the internal BD, sales, marketing, account, and operations teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience. 5+ years of experience in a highly technical role, with at least 2+ years experience in a formal product management role. Adtech/Martch experience is a big plus.
- Product Management Skills.
- Proven performance using agile methodologies (both kanban & scrum); ability to work with a growing engineering team of 5-50+ engineers.
- Deep customer obsession, and dna-level drive to ensure we build the products & features our customers actually need, will pay for, and will use to successfully drive business outcomes.
- Track record of managing external client UI/UX iterations, design teams, design sprints specifically for data products or SaaS platforms.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, where the need to both regularly (re)prioritize incremental releases, yet simultaneously focus on larger epics is key.
- Deeply collaborative & consensus-driven; ability to drive alignment & requirements to satisfy range of external & internal clients/stakeholders.
- Jira expert
- Data & Technology Skills.
- Hands-on experience with data science/analysis in python, scala, R, SAS, or other; proficient in SQL.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based platforms (AWS specifically).
- Familiarity with big data systems, including data-lake (S3) architecture & spark/athena based pipelines
- Familiarity with HTTP technologies including APIs, Cookies, etc,
- Familiarity with Mobile (iOS & Android) technologies like SDKs, IDFAs/AAIDs, etc.
- Familiarity with data science & machine learning techniques across predictive modeling & classification, test/control measurement (ancova, panel-based measurement), population/census weighting & stratified sampling, etc.
- General Skills.
- Drive. Unrelenting passion to build, refine, and activate TrueData’s product set to delightfully solve customer pains.
- Intelligence. Book smarts and street smarts; masters degree from tier 1 school is a big plus.
- Technical Acumen. Computer science, engineering, or data science experience is ideal.
- Organization. You easily manage hundreds of tasks at once and nothing ever slips through the cracks.
- Impeccable written communication. You’ll be writing everything from high-level product strategy to exacting technical documentation; accuracy and clarity will be paramount.
- Unparalleled presentation skills. You are a TED talk.
- Teamwork. An all-around nice person who wants to work with other nice people. No jerks allowed.
- TrueData Equity: 0.10%+
- Work from Anywhere: Home, Cabin, RV, or Tent. We hire the best talent, regardless of where they want to work.
- Vacation: Unlimited, “take-what-you-need” policy.
- Traditional Benefits: 401K, Healthcare.