This position can be based in: Mexico, Argentina, United States, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Israel, UK, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Malawi, Tunisia, India, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, UAE, Qatar.
Teach For All is seeking a dynamic leader who will take our Data, Research, Evaluation and Measurement (DREAM) team’s work to the next level. The efforts of the DREAM team are critical to the Teach For All network’s shared purpose of ensuring all children are able to fulfill their potential. Using data and research, we help network organizations better understand if they’re achieving their goals of helping students learn and thrive, developing the collective leadership necessary to make change, and supporting communities to make progress toward their visions for their children. As our team expands, we’re looking for a motivated and collaborative Director to lead on DREAM’s strategy, operations, and learning, enabling the team to continue to develop and thrive. If you’re a thoughtful communicator who enjoys working across cultural contexts, is highly organized, and values continuous learning and development, we encourage you to apply.
Ensure the DREAM team:
- Lives into its 3-year strategy (supporting effective organizations, measuring progress/impact on student, leadership and community outcomes, focusing on constituent voice, using data to influence global discourse) and can effectively communicate its progress and impact within the network and among external stakeholders.
- Continuously learns – Identifies leading insights from network partners and compellingly articulates and shares them via a variety of means, from robust knowledge products to innovative learning experiences, and more.
- Effectively collaborates with and supports other teams towards Teach For All’s 2040 Vision and 10-Year Intended Outcomes, and contributes to overall Teach For All fundraising efforts
- Continues to develop into a strong, collaborative, effective team with a thriving and supportive team culture by strengthening DREAM’s systems, structures, and processes.
Co- Develop team strategy and design process for reflecting on progress and reporting (40%)
- Work alongside Head of DREAM to develop team strategy in partnership with other team members
- Lead on measuring and monitoring the team’s progress against priorities
Design tools and processes for quarterly reflections that ensure the team is making progress against priorities and organizational outcomes
- Lead on the coordination of DREAM’S internal and external communications and reporting
Determine strategy and manage systems and processes for team learning (25%)
- Develop a team learning agenda that deepens engagement and understanding of insights and priorities, strengthens team culture and collaboration, and addresses team development needs
- Design engaging team learning experiences – calls, retreat, workshops etc.
- Proactively identify and maximize opportunities to learn from and with network partners, other Teach For All global organization teams, and/or external experts
Ensure effective team communication systems that facilitate coordination and collaboration across DREAM and with other teams (20%)
- Design and manage systems to capture and share (internally and externally) team-wide activities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Support DREAM specialists on event strategies and processes, including coordinating with other teams to maximize impact
- Lead on developing mechanisms for cross-team collaboration
- Develop relationships with Global Development portfolio managers to proactively manage DREAM’s contributions to their fundraising efforts
- Design user-friendly and efficient communications systems
Determine and manage team operations (15%)
- Lead on hiring process including drafting job descriptions, interviewing, onboarding, transitions
- Over time, co-lead with Head of DREAM on team growth and development strategy
- Lead on ongoing management of the DREAM budget, including re-allocation in alignment with dynamic strategic priorities as well as supporting on contracting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to create and execute on a strategic vision, regularly and thoughtfully reflect on progress, and adapt and prioritize/ re-prioritize according to this reflection and to support stakeholders to align vision, mission, and purpose to their key aims, activities, and metrics
- Ability to design and facilitate effective adult learning experiences in small and large group settings, both in-person and virtually
- Outstanding ability to develop strong relationships with diverse individuals, and to influence and motivate others at high levels, including in a highly virtual environment
- Ability to coach others in designing and running effective learning loops
- Ability to deeply understand diverse cultural contexts and to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and operate sensitively with them and to motivate others at high levels
- Excellent operating skills, organization and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task, and build systems to increase efficiency when faced with a high volume of diverse tasks and projects
- Exhibits exceptional judgment and reasoning and excels with complex problem solving
- Ability to be adaptable and self-driven within an entrepreneurial, fast paced, results-oriented organizational culture
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision and values of Teach For All
- Sense of Possibility: We believe in the extraordinary potential of all children and in our collective potential to realize our aspirations, and so we act with courage, boldness, urgency and perseverance in pursuit of transformational impact
- Locally Rooted and Globally Informed: We value the enormous assets in the communities where we work, immerse ourselves in local perspectives, needs and opportunities, and work in deep partnership with students, families, educators, and community members—all while also seeking to build our understanding of what is possible based on insights from outside of our communities and countries.
- Constant Learning: We commit to continuous education, reflection and improvement as the foundation for the transformational leadership we strive to develop.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness: We seek to ensure full participation of people from all cultures and backgrounds, and we believe those who have themselves experienced the inequities we’re working to address should guide and lead this work.
- Interdependence: In recognition of our shared humanity and interconnectedness, we work with generosity and compassion to help each other develop and grow
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter directly online.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of more than 50 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Its mission is to develop collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and work collaboratively, from inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicities, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness in two dimensions in particular. First, we prioritize having team members from diverse geographies because this can help us quickly understand and connect with partners from diverse cultures and geographies around the world. We also prioritize having team members who have personally experienced the inequities we’re working to address and/or share the background (e.g., economic, racial, ethnic, religious, etc.) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.