Responsible for working within the eCommerce Department to enhance the company’s use of online channels to improve market share and drive revenue performance for a select portfolio of branded hotels. Maintains the online sales experience by analyzing, reviewing, recommending and implementing digital strategies and tactics including hotel website optimization for conversion and SEO as well as focusing on local search optimization, third party websites, social media including online reviews and online paid advertising.
This is a remote position
- Review and analyze brand websites for areas that need to be enhanced or revised.
- Ensure the accuracy and clarity of every hotel’s website, including proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as merchandising and package promotion.
- Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in the major search engines
- Work directly with hotels to improve online reputation scores and rankings
Develop iterative transient and group eBlast campaigns to drive awareness to help fill need periods.
- Grow and maintain social media audiences on behalf of the hotels
- Complete relevant reporting on eCommerce efforts, including monthly or quarterly Action Plan reports
- Lead eCommerce calls, participate on revenue calls as needed
- Support group selling initiatives by maintaining brand tools and creating collateral as needed
SearchEngine Optimization & Marketing
- Identify and implement innovative SEO strategies to improve search engine ranking.
- Perform SEO copywriting including keyword placement, headlines, tags and effective call-to-action
- Responsible for in-bound link development from relevant sites and directories.
LocalSearch Optimization & Marketing
- Ensure that all hotels’ listings are optimized, visible, accurate, up-to-date and appealing to channel users
- Perform regular search audits to gauge each hotel’s visibility on major search engines.
ThirdParty Website Optimization
- Make content changes to Online Travel Agency (OTA) websites
- Maintain content scores above 97% or document what is needed to get scores above that score.
- Advice on paid placement and ad space for specific OTA’s, manage Ad spend on behalf of hotels
- Identify hotels with needs and opportunities for paid advertising
- Make recommendations and manage funds and strategies for approved hotels
- Manage and engage in property’s social media, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Train social media champions on property to identify opportunities to take photos
- Build targeted ad campaigns on behalf of hotels for various departments
- Foster relevant content from hotel and capture local UGC content
Use Facebook Analytics to help increase Facebook engagement
Champion, develop, execute and measure the success of ad campaigns on Social Media
- Knowledge of search engine optimization –understanding of all aspects of SEO; both on-page and off-page.
- Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies.
- Knowledge of online marketing strategies including social media.
- Knowledge of website keyword selection and analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Google Analytics, AdWords and Sprout Social experience a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite(Photoshop or Illustrator) experience a plus
- Ability to analyze content and functionality of websites.
- Ability to create and edit content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening and written communication.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and analytical skills.
- Imagination and creativity skills, focusing on improving financial performance through changing marketing channels.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business needs
Preferred & Required Experience
- 4-year degree required
- At least two years of experience in digital marketing
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Experience with brand systems (Marriott, Hilton, IHG) a plus