This is a full-time, remote position.
The real estate community around the world turns to Inman first for accurate, innovative and timely information about the industry. Known for its award-winning journalism, cutting-edge technology coverage and forward-thinking events, Inman is the industry’s leading source of real estate information.
The Email Operations Specialist is responsible for managing the execution of editorial and marketing emails. You should have experience in email production using ESP/marketing automation tools, from setup, segmentation and testing to deployment. The ideal candidate is agile, curious, and organized. Reliability and accountability are key requirements. The ideal candidate will also have excellent attention-to-detail and strong time management skills, as well as strong communication skills. An eagerness to learn and expand upon current skills is also desired.
- Working collaboratively to build html and launch multiple emails daily (marketing and editorial)
- Ensuring our emails deliver and render properly across all major email clients and leading browsers for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- Ensure emails are delivered to correct segmented lists.
- Create text versions of email assets
- Troubleshooting and testing email templates
- Work with Director to develop and optimize email setup process
- Create landing pages and integrated forms for capturing campaign respondents
- Implement email HTML coding best practices to avoid email spam traps
- Ability to analyze and report on technical issues.
- Keeping up to date with the new email technologies
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Research customer deliverability and subscription issues with Customer Service Team
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Technological acumen, including intermediate knowledge in HTML, CSS. Cursory knowledge of SQL and API setup a plus.
- Experience building and deploying email campaigns (editorial and marketing) using ESP/marketing automation tools (such as: Salesforce / Exact Target, Epsilon, Cheetah Digital, Sailthru, Marketo).
- A history of managing several projects at once
- A resourceful, independent learner
- A track record of having high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple collaborative integrated initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, specifically with the ability to collaborate internally
- Familiarity with WordPress
- 2-4 years proven email or dev experience.
Inman is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment. This is a full-time position. Our company is 100% distributed so we are seeking candidates from anywhere in the US.