CodeCombat is looking for a remote Events Coordinator to spearhead our events and marketing development. If you have marketing experience with a growing team, particularly in event marketing, social media marketing, or have experience working in the education space, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
What You’ll Do
- Lead marketing development and execution for all education conferences and tournaments
- Work cross-functionally to support, organize and recruit students for annual US-China coding tournaments (last year held at Stanford)
- Collaborate with Operations Team to oversee delivery of event supplies and promotional materials, registration, budgeting, and setup
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product team to determine content & design needs for conferences, including event custom booth displays, printed collateral such as flyers, banners, signage, designs for promotional giveaways, and digital collateral such as conference videos and landing pages
- Work with the Education Team and Leadership Team on development and application for speaking sessions and workshops, including finding CodeCombat educators to partner with for speaking sessions
- Identify strategic partnerships for any educational conferences i.e. AWS or Clever
- Analyze conference ROI and ensure information learned at each conference is shared among staff and implemented for future conferences
- Manage master conference list and collaborate with Sales to identify highest value conferencesLead tests on conference strategies including micro-conferences/road shows, side-bar events, raffles, etc.
- Manage all direct mail campaigns and experiment with creative solutions to capture attention and create opportunities for sales
- Lead social media marketing and grow the Ozaria and CodeCombat brands across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest
- Collaborate with Marketing to build out content pipeline, channel distribution, tooling, metrics, and asset creation
- Identify key influencers and educators who can help us grow reach and share their influence, potentially building an ambassador program
- 1-2 years of marketing or related experience–event marketing, social media marketing, or direct marketing a plus
- A passion for improving educational outcomes, experience in education space a plus
- Demonstrated track record of successful marketing campaigns and collaborating across multiple teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to understand what makes a campaign successful and make data-driven decisions (experience with Salesforce a plus)
- Creative, tactical thinker who acts fast when needed and knows how to problem solve for unexpected situations
- Fondness for spreadsheets and thrives on project timelinesKnowledge of coding and/or experience within the educational technology community a plus
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills–experience using Asana or other project management tools (Jira, Monday, Trello) a plus
- Powerful storyteller across multiple mediums
Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still strongly encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that have eclectic skills that can be applied to this role and can bring new perspectives to the marketing team, not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Optional: if you would like to add a cover letter to increase the strength of your application, please make it informal and include why you are interested in working for CodeCombat and why you would be a strong fit for this role.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.