Octane AI is an all-remote and venture-backed startup seeking an Executive Assistant interested in building the future of ecommerce.
Octane AI is developing conversational AI technologies that reimagine online commerce. Octane AI is the leading all-in-one platform for engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Facebook Messenger and SMS automation for Shopify and Shopify Plus brands. Octane AI provides a unified platform for connecting, converting, and retaining customers. Octane AI’s current and upcoming products democratize personalization and automation technologies previously only available to multi-billion dollar corporations. Some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
How you will contribute:
- This role primarily assists our founders Matt (CEO) and Ben (President). The role functions include, but aren’t limited to:
- Scheduling. You’ll be in charge of heavy scheduling including meetings across multiple time zones (part of our team and many of our contacts are global). You will help prioritize meetings and make sure the founders have the key information they need for those meetings. You will also assist with scheduling team events, interviews, team retreats, customer Q&As, workshops, and more.
- Travel. Arrange flights, hotels, Airbnbs, secure event tickets for execs and occasionally other team members. You know all the tips and tricks when it comes to booking travel and enjoy making a recommendation or two. Travel is typically not required for the EA, but there may be times when your support is needed at an event (post-COVID, of course). Major bonus points if you’ve ever helped plan a team retreat.
- Personal. You will be tasked with some personal asks including researching workspaces, booking personal appointments, finding restaurants, selecting and ordering gifts, and more.
- People Operations. You will assist with our people ops functions including, but not limited to, onboarding, getting equipment & swag to new employees, drafting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, reviewing applications, occasionally phone screening candidates, helping plan team events, coming up with gift ideas and more.
- Special Projects. You’ll be given various projects to see through from start to finish and will often work with our Chief of Staff on these. This may include research projects regarding software, operations, or projects pertaining to our customers. You’re fully comfortable taking on a project and leading it to fruition.
- Everything else. As with any startup, there’s always something that comes up. You will manage our inventory that houses all of our swag (in a warehouse in Chicago), help the team find the answers they need so they can perform at the highest level possible, manage our document storage systems, and will generally keep the best interests of the company in mind at all times. Your job may look vastly different in six months than it did on day one. We need someone adaptable who is excited to grow.
- You have 3+ years experience as an executive assistant supporting C-level executives in a startup environment.
- You thrive in an early-stage (pre Series-A) startup environment and understand that you have to pitch in where needed to keep the company moving forward. There is no job too big or too small that you’re willing to help tackle.
- You are patient and like working with people. In addition to supporting the founders, you will also intersect with the team, customers, and potentially investors. You are poised, professional, and friendly when it comes to both internal and external communication.
- You’re a self-starter. You know where to look for answers, but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need clarification.
- This role is primed for someone who considers themselves an operational guru, a logistical master, and generally someone who is wildly resourceful. You are always looking for ways to do things more effectively and enjoy designing new systems.
- You’re extremely comfortable working cross-functionally and love getting insight into all aspects of a company.
- You enjoy public speaking and are willing to lead or facilitate conversations among the team.
- You love diving into new tech. Provisioning new software we launch internally and managing software for the team (showing the team the ins-and-outs and best practices) is fun for you.
- You are a kind, assertive, observant, and self-aware human being with a sense of humor.
- You are intuitive and have good instincts. You often know what someone wants or needs before they do. You’re always thinking a few steps ahead, planning weeks/months ahead, and are ready for whatever comes your way.
- You have experience or a strong desire to work for an all-remote company.
- Bonus points if you have experience with: GSuite, Notion, Rippling, Greenhouse, Dropbox, Zoom, and Slack.
- Our team is global, but this role must be able to work standard PST hours.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, and more. Currently we have team members in 10 different countries. As long as you can get the work done, we don’t care where you are!
- Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees and health benefits for select countries
- 401(k) for US employees
- Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave
- Paid-Paid Vacation – we pay YOU $1,000 to take your first week-long vacation each year!
- Professional development allowance of $2,000 annually
- Home office allowance of $500 + $300 annually. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
- Monthly wellness allowance of $50
- Generous stock options
- Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
- An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
More about working at Octane AI:
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we’d prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We don’t like bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone on the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don’t be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings, we do a fun thing called “fast parrot”. Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It’s a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of our customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are no wrong questions and nobody expects you to know everything.