Lumina is seeking a talented and experienced project manager to oversee content creation projects within various disciplines. The project manager (PM) will manage the creation and/or revision of content (i.e. assessments, Instructor Manuals, Solutions Manuals, PowerPoints, Test Banks, etc.). PM responsibilities for a typical product include:
- Working within Lumina and publisher systems to traffic/monitor work and schedules.
- Creating and managing the entire development schedule, ensuring that all components stay on track to meet final due dates.
- Following predefined project management methodology for planning, tracking, and measuring project metrics
- Working with and managing subject matter expert(s) assigned to author and review content. Most correspondence can done by email, but occasional phone calls will be needed.
- Creating contracts for all subject matter experts assigned to a given project and reviewing and approving invoices.
- Tracking all project specific costs to ensure client’s budget remains on track.
- Reviewing all content (per provided checklists) as it is completed to ensure it adheres to publisher expectations.
- Reviewing all content for overall quality; working with writer, editors, etc. to make revisions as needed.
- Working with the publisher contact—sending weekly status reports, attending status meetings, and/or being available for phone calls should questions/issues arise.
- Ensuring the overall timeliness and quality of all deliverables.
- 5 or more years of project management and/or content development experience within higher education publishing. (Preference will be given to candidates with experience in both development/content editing and project management tasks.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to learn new digital systems quickly
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- High attention to detail and organization
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Available during normal business hours
Interested parties should email resume and cover letter to Abigail.Perrine@luminad.com, with “Editorial Project Manager (Higher Education)” in the subject line.
Please note that this position must be based in the United States.