Email Broadcast is looking for a Graphic Designer to provide creative talent to our organization’s kickass team of email marketers.
This role is important…the images in an email are as important as the copy and our clients have high expectations because hiring us is seen as a step-up to what they have been doing themselves.
This is a remote, independent contractor role working approximately 5–10 hours per week. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 10 am to 4 pm Pacific Time, so being available to respond, accomplish tasks, and communicate with our team during these hours is essential. (You’re free to complete your work whenever your schedule permits but understand our “core” business hours for deliverables and collaborative meetings are a must.)
This is a critical role to our organization so it’s important that this is a good fit for BOTH of us.
You’re a GREAT fit for this role if:
- You have a wide-ranging portfolio of work demonstrating diverse styles
- You have mastered your tools so that you can produce top-quality work quickly and efficiently (we track KPIs closely)
- You’re a full-time freelancer which means you can consistently deliver projects on time (or early) during our core business hours
- You are responsive, can manage quick turn-around times (1–3 days), and have the ability to shift focus
- You can take direction for client projects and deliver a creative design that matches their brand on a highly-professional level without drama
- You’re accountable, responsive to all team members, and on-time to meetings
- You have outstanding QA skills on your own work and that of our team members, where appropriate
You’re NOT a good fit for this role if:
- You have a full-time job. As previously mentioned, we need your availability to match our business hours.
- You have a part-time job and want to add this gig to have a full-time income. See above about being needed during business hours.
- You work outside US time zones. You must reside and work in the continental US or Canada and speak English as your native language.
- You’re between jobs. We’re looking to hire long-term, so this isn’t a good fit if we are on your radar for a temporary thing to do.
- You’re a world traveler and continually work over crappy internet in loud cafes.
- 2 years experience or more on web design, email design, and commercial layouts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in design
- Proven ability to deliver projects on or ahead of time
- Access to the full Adobe Creative Suite with expert status in Photoshop
- Tech capability for video chats/meetings scheduled during our work hours + a Tuesday 11 am to 12 pm PST team meeting (required)
BONUS SKILLS (Not required but definitely a PLUS)
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices regarding design
- Email platform knowledge, especially within MailChimp
- Understanding of Basecamp, Highrise & Google Docs
- 3-day weekends (we’ll never bother you Friday–Sunday)
- Holiday time off (unpaid) for the week of 4th of July and two weeks at year’s end
- Rate DOE, 1099 contractor status, paid bi-monthly
- Equal opportunity employer
Please submit your resume and hourly rate to email@example.com to apply.