Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
This role is responsible for leading and driving People & Communications reporting initiatives and projects that span multiple functional disciplines. This individual will take initiative in identifying and executing reporting improvements to address business issues and increase end user adoption of self-service reporting solutions. The scope of the position requires knowledge of all reporting tools and working across platforms to deliver value-add solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a Workday, ServiceNow and other technologies reporting and dashboards expert and constantly seeks ways to improve and elevate the quality and scalability of solutions.
- Creates and manages dashboards, reports, scorecards, Prism solutions and Worksheets in Workday.
- Proactively recommends and drives improvements and solutions to increase end-user adoption of self-service reporting capabilities and improve the employee experience.
- Partners with HR Functional areas, HR Business Partners, business leaders, and cross-functional teams to understand business strategy, process and how reporting delivery can supplement these processes.
- Consults with HR Process Owners on Workday, ServiceNow and other technology reporting capabilities, roadmap and how Unum can best leverage reporting to support business goals and objectives.
- Influences Workday, ServiceNow and other technology product direction through active membership and contribution to technology Community forums and groups. Develops and builds relationships with technology customers, product managers and other influencers. Represents Unum at technology events, conferences and user groups.
- Manages technical vendor relationships on implementation projects and/or ongoing support work.
- Supports the Workday, ServiceNow and other technology release processes to ensure continued effectiveness and integrity of existing reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Establishes and develops relationships with partners throughout the enterprise (including Information Technology, Finance, Procurement and Payroll) to ensure cross functional alignment on report strategy and design.
- Oversees support for Tier 3 HR reporting inquiries from HR or the business, meeting SLAs for response time, quality, etc.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to more junior resources on the team as needed. May manage Reporting Analyst or Senior Reporting Analyst employees including managing performance, providing coaching and performance recommendations to employees
- Subject matter expert in the use and governance of multiple reporting solutions, including Workday reporting and dashboards, Prism Analytics, Worksheets and other reporting tools.
- Manages projects that require multiple resources, dependencies, and ensures objectives are delivered on time and under budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of report design/analysis and consulting.
- Reporting experience with a large global HRIS platform required. Extensive Workday reporting experience required. Prism Analytics experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills for small-medium sized projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Functional knowledge in key HR competencies including, compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, benefits, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills; ability to thrive in a team environment as a change agent and the ability to work independently is required.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of employees ranging from employee to senior executive level.
- Must have proven track record of successfully proposing, documenting and implementing reporting solutions and strategies in a global environment.
- Great attention to detail to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis.
- Computer skills: Workday, strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.