Smartling is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented, and exceptionally organized Junior Staff Accountant for a remote, work-from-home position, anywhere in the continental United States.
This role is perfect for a self-motivated individual with a passion for numbers and thorough experience in the accounting field. This role will be responsible for supporting and initiating general accounting as well as assisting with month-end close and handling detailed reporting. The ideal candidate will be quick-witted and excellence-driven in dealing with daily issues or concerns and adaptable to a rapidly developing company. We are a fast-growing and successful startup looking for energetic candidates to grow and develop alongside the company.
Tasks at hand
- Communicate with customer and perform a collection on delinquent accounts
- Reconcile bank statements and other financial platforms such as Paypal
- Create invoices for newly closed won deals
- Assist with monthly billing
- Maintain Revenue workpapers such as unearned revenue, revenue by customer
- Support and assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close by creating reconciliations and JE for review
- Manage AP process- review vendor contracts for payment terms, expense reports, review invoices, bill payment
- Maintain financial documentation and reports
- Research GAAP to ensure company revenue recognition policy is in compliance with current guidelines
- Ad-hoc reports as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of progressive accounting experience (preferably with relevant month-end close experience)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks, Xero, and similar programs
- Experience with Payroll
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member.
Nice to have
- Experience using Salesforce
- Adaptability and cross-functionality
- SaaS industry experience.
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A team player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.