Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
Inboxlab builds brands that expand perspectives through the wonder of learning, by delivering educational and entertaining experiences directly to the inbox. Since beginning our story, we’ve had one goal in mind: to become an engine for optimism. We firmly believe that the more connected to and aware of the world around us we are, the better off humankind will be.
Two years in, we’re profitable and VC-free, and we’ve amassed 19 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals — with a pipeline of new brands to be launched in the future.
Our team of 50+ is insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected, and intentionally intrepid. We operate as a distributed workforce, working remotely from around the world. As a team, we interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York, and Buenos Aires. If that resonates with you, we should talk!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Brand team and help shape the user experience across Inboxlab’s digital products. This position will report to the Director of Design. Do you have a passion for problem-solving and user-centered design? Are you looking to expand the perspectives of millions of learners every day? This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be at the center of new products that involve rapid evolution and improving consumer behavior. Inboxlab’s brands offer the chance to foster daily habits with quality content, from trivia to articles, in new ways for millions of people every day.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Establish a set of new design systems standards that enhance the user experience, with simple site structure and intuitive user flows
- Design web pages, email templates and elements for new and existing brands that match the design systems
- Work closely with the Brand and Technology teams to establish the user experience vision for our products and digital brands
- Partner with product and engineering to design and build scalable solutions that meet the diverse needs of our learners across platforms, with a focus on email
- Collaborate with user researchers to discover and understand user needs and behaviors
- Use quantitative data and qualitative research to identify and prioritize new opportunities, and run experiments to test and validate new ideas
- Design and articulate user-experiences, building user flow models and wireframes that can be adopted across all brand launches
- Create prototypes and design practices to validate design concepts with partners and users
- Communicate design principles, frameworks and design directions to all key stakeholders
- Stay informed about UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel products and creative fields
- Establish a creative process and culture that knows when to explore broadly, quickly and knows when to sweat the details
- Continuously think about how we can build habits into the experience that allow for increased knowledge and value for the user
- Establish and foster a healthy culture of curiosity, experimentation, connection and inclusiveness across all disciplines
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 7+ years of product design experience ideally with experience in multimedia, consumer and subscription products
- Distinctive portfolio of work that demonstrates a strong understanding of human-centered design practice as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience in developing design systems, actively looking for ways to substantially improve design practices and scalability
- Clear understanding and significant experience working under accessibility and usability guidelines (WCAG)
- Expertise in verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively communicate and sell an idea)
- Ability to listen well – a love for giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- Strong grasp of the engineering challenges and core technologies that drive an online media business
- Familiarity in zero-to-one product development entrepreneurial environments
- Start-up experience and “whatever it takes” attitude is strongly preferred
This position will operate remotely and interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!