The American Bath Group, a leader in North American bathroom fixtures, is searching for a Product Manager to lead the growth of a strategic product portfolio that touches multiple divisions across the organization. Take on the challenge of being part of a dynamic, highly motivated and passionate team. A team hungry to win in the bathroom space…and more with the ambition of changing North American homes by building a better bath-ware industry.
Be part of developing highly attractive and innovative products that are an important pillar to achieve our objectives and join our team of passionate people dedicated to excellence and engaged to push the boundaries.
Leverage our 23 North American manufacturing locations and hundreds of strategic partners to deliver great products to the market.
The position requires close collaboration with our R&D, Channel Marketing, Marketing Communications & Sales teams, all of whom share the same growth objectives.
Depending on the candidate experience, the first 6-12 months in the role will be heavily involved in Project Management. This will help prioritize projects, bring the most urgent projects to closure and get the plumbing industry product experience simultaneously. Once this experience is acquired, the role will shift to Product Management.
Therefore, the ideal candidate will be able to motivate and stimulate project teams by demonstrating leadership, managerial skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm. The position involves regular communication and giving presentations to large audiences, including company management. Potential interactions with suppliers and strong communication skills are also required.
The Product Manager role is specifically for our wide-ranging portfolio of Bathtubs encompassing multiple brands underneath the American Bath Group family of brands.
- Effectively manage new product development projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Effectively coordinate tasks and ensure creative solutions
- Understand products and product strategies
- Actively participate in the improvement process, in particular in the product development process
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
Growing to the Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive product development process through early customer engagement and interaction in our stage-gate Product Development process
- Scope programs and identify the unique selling features of products (how we win) and work with the team to set promotional angle
- Prepare profitability analyses and sales forecasts when new products are launched
- Develop long-term strategic new product roadmap for the portfolio to achieve constant profitability growth
- Present product plan and project reviews to large audiences, leadership team and customers
- Determine pricing approaches that allow us to deliver best-in-class margins for our best-in-class products
- Actively participate with the team in market research: set objectives / define methodology/conduct research
- Portfolio management of projects with a focus on growing top-line sales & profitability through existing product line and new products
- Link American Bath Group strategic objectives to the portfolio plan within resources and capital budgeted
- Collaborate with ABG team to increase brand awareness through our focused platforms of Event Marketing, Digital Marketing, and other relevant communication vehicles
- Ability to champion a project so as to increase the support of key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong professionalism and work ethic with a focus on driving efficiency
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and determined to deliver quality products within given timelines and budgets
- Product development and marketing experience with responsibility progression
- Channel marketing or sales experience is a strong asset
- Experience in sanitary ware industry, construction and plumbing would be highly preferred
- Ability to plan while taking into consideration and integrating the various goals and circumstances of multiple key stakeholders
- Available to travel internationally (Canada)
- Expectation of strong engagement with customers and prospects; travel will vary but an expectation of 25% of total time. More traveling required in the first months to understand American Bath Group market space and customers. Valid passport for traveling is required.
- Comfortable leading remote and away from head office in a home office setting
- Energetic leader able to learn and lead by example in order to integrate with overall company processes
- Ability to mobilize and get the support from colleagues in other functions
- Innate business sense and rigorous analytics abilities
- Hands-on market research with end users
- Ability to create/present impactful and clear presentations
- Bilingual: French speaking would be an asset but is not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration
- MMBA would be an asset for career progression.
Want to join our team? If you think you have what it takes to be our next Production Planner, apply today!