We are looking for a marketing professional to join the Eclipse Foundation team. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic self-starter who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to work in a collegial and collaborative manner with a variety of stakeholders and community members, including senior leadership. This role requires a global outlook, a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Under the guidance of senior management, develop and execute marketing programs to grow the awareness of and participation in the Eclipse community and projects
- Collaborate with marketing team members, internal stakeholders, and external agencies to plan and execute marketing initiatives
- Define and implement marketing programs that encourage open collaboration with the Eclipse IoT ecosystem and the industry at large, and that raise awareness about our technology portfolio
- Prepare marketing materials and content to promote and educate software developers on the merit of using and adopting Eclipse IoT technologies. The content will include videos, articles, tutorials, webinars, plus other content deemed appropriate
- Forecast, measure and report the results of marketing initiatives. Propose improved ways of operating based on the data
- Act as the editor of a monthly newsletter for the Eclipse community
- Manage the social media communication channels for Eclipse working groups
- Provide marketing execution support for the Eclipse Foundation’s participation in research projects
- Manage marketing for conferences and events, including participating in activities at the events
- Ensure consistency of visual and written identity of the Eclipse Foundation brand across all channels: eclipse.org, newsletter, blog, email, social, swag, etc.
- Produce relevant content (including website copy, blog posts, video, etc.) that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our audience
- Create and promote marketing assets, including case studies, data sheets, survey reports, white papers, and presentations
- Manage press relations, including preparing and distribution of press releases
- University Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Marketing or equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Prior marketing experience in the open source software industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English with proven proficiency of working in an English business environment. French or German language skills are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to influence without direct control or authority
- Experience working in developer communities
- Knowledge of the Eclipse community
- Basic knowledge in graphics software (e.g. Adobe, GIMP)
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work independently
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Eclipse community and have a vision for its success moving forward.
- Please submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MS-2019.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/org/foundation/