A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Meeting Planner to join our dynamic team within our Life Sciences Division. In this client facing role, you will act as the event planning lead and project manager on each meeting. You will collaborate with peers and vendors alike to ensure each event is executed flawlessly and compliantly from site selection, to registration, to menu planning through onsite execution and budget reconciliation and everything in between. You keep projects running on time, on budget, within compliance guidelines and have mastered the art of managing multiple priorities at once. Sound like you? Read on!
- Act as the main point of contact for your client, and ensure all milestones are clearly communicated and met. Be consultative in your approach. After all, you an expert in meetings management.
- Build, monitor and maintain concise and accurate event budgets. Think outside of the box on creative cost savings and menu planning ideas to ensure we remain compliant. Negotiate vendor contracts and build long lasting partnerships.
- Work with your client and peers on procuring an ideal and compliant venue for each event.
- Partner with your team mates to create clear & simple attendee communications and registration websites. Create a well-timed and accurate communication plan.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel & vendor partners. You’ll be responsible for hotel rooms, designing and communicating room sets, AV/Production needs, offsite and team building events, ground transportation and signage (and more!).
- Ensure everyone, from client to attendee to staff person has a positive and memorable experience from invitation stage, through onsite, and departure. We aim to please!
You’re good at:
- Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in events and a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
- Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Establishing long lasting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors.
- Managing the complex world of FCPA, Meal Caps, State Laws and TOV reporting.
- Cvent, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ideal candidate possesses 3+ years in a lead planner role in the Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industry
You might also have:
- A college degree from a 4- year institution.
- The ability to travel regularly
What we offer you
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
- Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.