Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School’s mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We’re looking for someone to join the growth team at Lambda School to engage and support the growing mentor program, a new program at a revolutionary new education company. In this role you’ll be instrumental in mapping out the investments, technologies, and key activities needed to help us grow our mentorship program. You will be focused on engaging and growing the mentor community and ensuring that students have a positive experience.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality of the mentorship experience. You are open to receiving feedback and implementing solutions. You also thrive on experimentation, consider creative solutions, and use data to drive your decisions. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards, and most of all, you want to build the best mentorship program in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit mentors to build out the mentor program, which helps Lambda students secure their first job
- Engage with mentors and students to understand their needs and develop feedback loops, and use this to drive program improvements
- Help shape the mentor community; provide value to current mentors and attract future ones
- Work with careers team provide feedback on students from mentors
- Collaborate with the partnerships team to find ways to attract and retain mentors
- Measure and track KPIs that determine the success of the program
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you will be reaching out to and forming relationships with our mentors
- Ability to seamlessly juggle multiple workflows and pivot between both big-picture action planning and management of minute details
- Competence and empathy in working with diverse groups of individuals
- Passion for mentorship and the benefits it can provide to our students
- Positive energy that you bring to all meetings with students and staff
- Creative, flexible, with a willingness to experiment
Bonus If You…
- have prior early stage start up experience
- experience working with software developers
- have experience related to mentorship and professional and career development
The position is a full-time, salaried, remote role with medical benefits.
At Lambda School, we’re looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren’t an exact match with what we’ve laid out in this job description. We’re building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.