App Academy is looking for a full-time Operations Associate to join the Operations team. You will be in charge of Operations-related responsibilities that are shared between our San Francisco and New York offices. This is a position at an agile, growing, and profitable startup where you’ll get to wear lots of hats and be given responsibility quickly. Our current office comes with building services and support freeing you up for more creative and high-level Operations work and various special projects on the team. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
- Key member of operations team with daily responsibilities to provide support to our internal and external stakeholders (ie. students, instructors)
- Develop a trusted relationship with our prospective and current students and perform customer success functions by responding to customers over email and in-person
- Work cross-functionally to streamline customer journey and improve systems and processes
- Operationalize workflows and create best practices that enable scale and efficiency
- Organize events that enable students to succeed including graduation showcases and alumni meetups
What success looks like
- Your positive presence on the team and excellence in event planning not only results in well-organized events, but builds a sense of community for both students and staff. People inside our office feel welcome, comfortable, and productive.
- Your reliable support to the Operations team increases the team’s output and reduces the frequency of errors or delays. Your partnership with the Finance, Operations, and HR teams allows each group to get more done.
- Work with integrity as a key member in supporting regulatory details and filings
- Finally, as a part of the App Academy team, you constantly seek ways to support the team. You handle change gracefully, prioritize in the face of ambiguity, and take initiative to address what matters.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in an operations function
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a changing, fast-paced start-up environment
- Proactive and takes ownership of responsibilities quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (customer-service or retail experience is a plus)
- Team-oriented and thoughtful
- Exceptional customer support skills and positive attitude
- Experience with Google Suite tools: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive
- Proven ability in maintaining clean data and working within customer systems ie. Zendesk, Salesforce, Bill.com
- Passion for understanding end to end processes, optimizing workflows and improving efficiencies and effectiveness
Take responsibility for student success. Everyone works together to enable student success.
Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.