HealthStream is known for great service by our customers. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the client relationship to ensure high customer satisfaction and optimal utilization of HealthStream’s platform, products and services. As appropriate, the Operations Manager is also responsible for handling account renewal efforts.
To perform this job successfully, the Operations Manager must serve as a zealous advocate of their accounts and work to ensure their satisfaction with HealthStream’s platform, products, and services. This role focuses on driving utilization of HealthStream’s solutions by making certain their customers are sufficiently trained and engaged in the use of these solutions. In addition, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the collaboration in renewal efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the customer’s advocate within the HealthStream operating environment, championing their ideas and needs and working to ensure their issues are promptly and successfully addressed. Helps to analyze the monthly Strategic Account program reports and the data contained within the reports to ensure its underlying accuracy and increase proactive customer engagement.
- Works closely with account managers and/or client executives to strengthen the client relationship and ensure a coordinated communication flow.
- Proactively and routinely communicates with customers about status of initiatives, outstanding tasks/issues, system enhancements, new functionality, new products, defect resolutions, etc.
- Focuses on ensuring customer satisfaction and optimal utilization of HealthStream’s platform, products and services.
- Assumes (in partnership with client executives) a leading role during the needs assessment stage of new implementations where customers’ education and training goals are defined, key organizational initiatives identified, and expectations around the affiliation are initially established.
- Shares successful or “best” practices with customers, internal department staff, and other HealthStream divisions. This may include, but not limited to: internal/external-facing documentation, help guides, tutorials, etc.
- Develops and executes effective roll-out plans for the HealthStream platforms inclusive of learning, research, competency, performance, and others that directly impact client usage and satisfaction as well as operational support.
- As appropriate, handles renewal activity associated with assigned customer accounts (e.g. notification, term negotiation, etc.).
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Years of experience: 3 to 5 years required and 5 to 7 years preferred
- In lieu of the educational requirement, previous experience may be considered
- Bachelor’s degree required
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Mid- to high-level computer skills including Microsoft Office and a thorough understanding of SaaS platforms including HealthStream learning, competency, and performance.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills including instructional, facilitation, and presentation needed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, highly self-motivated and independent while being able to accept direction with completion of tasks.
- Customer-centric mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and patience.
- Ability to comfortably interface with technical personnel.
- Need to either have, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong working knowledge of HealthStream’s products, including the HealthStream Learning Center, HealthStream Performance and Competency Centers, and various features and functionality.
- Multi-task oriented; works with a sense of urgency and a desire for excellence in performance.
- High degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to establish a high level of credibility both internally and externally to the organization.
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Delivers and seeks timely, candid, and actionable feedback
- Reduces complexity – brings order to complex and ambiguous issues or situations (e.g., clarifies, provides direction, sets plans and prioritizes)
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to simplify
- Owns his/her results, acts with urgency and makes it happen
- Speaks up, shares ideas, and encourages others to do the same
- Challenges the status quo to find better ways to do things
- Acts boldly and captures new opportunities by anticipating customer needs
- Tries new things and learns from them – using curiosity and risk management, open to change, risk taker using sound judgment and analytical foundation
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues and clients to enable all parties to be successful
- Shares ideas and resources across the company for scale and impact. Manage the resources effectively and efficiently.
Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands
- Type of Working Conditions: Position operates in a pleasant environment with no known adversities.
- Travels and interaction within regional model or client base is required.
- Equipment used: Computer knowledge necessary
Mental/Level of Concentration Required
- May encounter challenges where objectives are impacted by events outside the employee’s control.
- High pressure, stressful situations may be encountered in the job.
- Must be mindful of time constraints and deadlines.
- Handles multiple and potentially conflicting assignments, demands and priorities.
- Maintains attention to detail over an extended period of time, adapting to varying conditions.
- Responds quickly to emergencies and other non-routine situations.
- Communicates effectively with employees, visitors and co-workers, and uses those interpersonal skills appropriate for the occasion and audience.
- Performs duties that require a high measure of flexibility and adaptability.
- Utilizes sound judgment in resolving issues that are ambiguous or without previously defined precedent.
- Deals effectively and calmly with conflict-related and/or emotional situations.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law