A highly motivated and creative part-time freelance Visual Designer to help develop a distinct and polished look-and-feel to our course materials. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience applying visual design to the instructional design process or have extensive experience developing compelling brand identities for corporations. They should have a high attention to detail and a knack for artistic flair.
Who You Are:
- You are someone with at least 3+ years of experience in visual design either for an ad agency, publisher, or marketing group.
- You are someone with comfortable creating reusable visual assets and style guides
- You are someone who can quickly create diagrams and figures for capturing complex technical ideas.
- You are someone deeply skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite — with a knack for freehand drawing and simple diagram building in Powerpoint.
- You are a true believer in the power of education — whether through formal schooling or self-study. You love the idea of impacting students through life-changing educational experiences.
In This Job You Will:
Design and develops curricula alongside content experts for courses in a wide variety of topics by:
- Creating a visual edge to courses materials in the form of slide templates, technical diagrams, and simple educational images and animations.
- Architecting the visual language for our course materials and acts as the keeper of the brand quality across all curricula to ensure they live up to the highest standards.
- Incorporate information from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce high-performing creative materials
- Communicating directly with internal stakeholders to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements of a project.
- Continuously discover and share found inspiration and new industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in visual design either for an ad agency, publisher, or marketing group.
- Comfortable creating reusable visual assets and style guides
- Ability to quickly create diagrams and figures for capturing complex technical ideas.
- Deep skills in the Adobe Creative Suite — with a knack for freehand drawing and simple diagram building in Powerpoint.