Here at Clearbit, our mission is to be the Growth Engine that helps push the edge of what’s possible in marketing and sales. We build data-driven products that enable businesses to generate demand, act on intent, drive conversions, and retain and expand their customers. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B SaaS companies, including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness so that it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to be your best (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
2019/20 is an exciting time to join Clearbit. We’re growing rapidly across the company, and are on track to double revenue for the third straight year. Going into this next phase of growth, we’re focusing heavily on maintaining our cultural values, training our managers into the best in the world, and having fun while we do it.
About the role
We’re looking for a versatile marketing optimizer who’s energized by the idea of building an unstoppable and predictable growth engine. You’ll help Clearbit produce, nurture, and convert demand – from creating awareness and generating MQLs and SQLs, to setting up creative systems and improving processes to meet our growth objectives.
As our first Performance Marketer, your role will be part demand generation, part growth marketer, and part analyst.
Clearbit has been in the fortunate position of having more inbound demand than sales knows what to do with. This level of demand never lasts. So we’re looking to make outbound efforts core to the company’s lofty growth goals in 2020 — and level up our campaign game, which has, so far, been experimental and shorter-term.
You’ll help scale our efforts — going into the weeds of campaigns and metrics to figure out where we can make improvements and getting creative with changes and how to implement them.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Develop multi-channel campaigns to drive MQLs and sales pipeline, while closely monitoring conversion rates and optimizing campaigns at each stage
- Design and implement high-impact programs to drive expansion revenue and increase customer lifetime value
- Research, analyze, and report on the performance of marketing campaigns and programs
- Forecast and provide estimations on the profitability and lead volume of marketing campaigns and programs
- Optimize targeting and segmentation, as well as the allocation of budgets across multiple paid social channels in order to generate cost-effective leads and actions
- Collaborate with the engineering, operations and marketing departments to optimize programs, campaigns, and landing pages.
- Ensure leads are converted into customers through well-crafted campaigns and close partnership with the sales department.
- Automate workflows and processes to enhance the marketing department’s efforts
You’ll work closely with:
- Nick Wentz, Head of Demand Generation. You’ll report to Nick and experience his love of process, Asana, and wellness.
- Ian Maier, Demand Generation Manager. He oversees end-to-end campaign strategy and is a creative thinker and writer who loves pork belly.
- The scrappy growth team, which works across 5 realms — conversion, analytics, demand, product marketing, and content.
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You’re curious, resourceful, and quick to learn. You’re eager to dive in, talk to people, do research, and then share what you’ve learned. You like to ask questions like “why?” and “what if?” and follow through to find the answers.
- You’re a highly analytical and data-driven optimizer. You have a deep understanding of marketing funnel/waterfall metrics and your ideal workday involves digging into campaign data, testing ‘all the things’, and finding both insights and improvements to apply to future iterations and campaigns. You’re familiar with BI tools and have strong SQL chops.
- You have experience with lead generation programs and workflows, from implementation and management to review. You can figure out how to connect all the necessary dots in CRMs and MAPs, set up landing pages and webinars.
- You nerd out (at least a little) about marketing technology. You’re familiar with (and maybe have some strong opinions on) the general landscape of tooling around paid acquisition and demand generation — and the opportunity to work with Clearbit products is intriguing to you.
- You have strong communication skills, some of which was honed with experience working cross-functionally with sales and customer success.
- You thrive when able to self-direct. You’re looking to work with a startup where you’ll be responsible for the impact you make and have a lot of freedom. The growth team is fully remote, so you work well with autonomy and are a proactive communicator.
- You have experience jumping into the creative end of campaigns, whether it’s ad copywriting, webinars, or video campaigns. You’re also comfortable with managing ad creative specs and review.
- We do our best to move fast and keep you well informed throughout the process. If you’re not a fit (and have put effort into your cover letter and questions), we’ll let you know.
Hard skills are great, and we do expect a certain level of experience, but more importantly we’re looking for someone who can learn on the job, loves solving problems, is adaptable to change. Our priorities can change, new exciting ideas can surface and we have many different products and areas of scope.
Our goal is to build the best growth team there is – for both your growth and the company’s growth. Focused on results, but with the freedom and autonomy to experiment with new things and jump on opportunities as they arise. We work and learn fast, but have the infrastructure in place that we still test everything thoroughly and abide by the high-quality bar we set for ourselves.
- Care (Give a shit). Empathize with customers. Take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and desires.
- Craft (Master it). Own your craft. Never stop learning and improving.
- Team (Work together). Teamwork makes the dream work. Fill gaps. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.”
- Truth (Say it). Be upfront and candid. Say it like it is. Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Initiative (Be resourceful). Don’t wait for permission. Figure it out — or figure out who can.
- Fun (Have it). Don’t take yourself too seriously — life is short.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don’t believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.