Status is the gateway to the decentralised web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, currently in beta on Mobile and Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of 60+ core-contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Status is entering a growth phase, and we’re expanding our marketing team to help us reach users and educate developers. You’ll own and lead all of our performance marketing efforts, and will collaborate with colleagues in brand marketing, design, and engineering.
- Lead and execute the implementation of our performance marketing strategies, targeted at attracting users to the Status Network.
- Oversee and allocate media budget across Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, Direct Mail, Affiliate, Native, and all other paid media channels and associated fees.
- Identify, test and optimize the best performance marketing channels to drive ROI.
- Write copy for our campaigns, A/B testing to continuously improve the performance.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs.
- Develop and evolve creative assets and landing pages.
- Define and oversee all paid acquisition channels, including all programmatic paid media.
- Maintain close relationships with our media partners, staying abreast of best practices, innovation, and strategies for all digital acquisition channels.
You ideally will have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to Our Principles.
- Track record of driving exceptional campaign results; specifically driving new user acquisition for a technical product.
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, retargeting, social network advertising (Twitter, Reddit, Google, LinkedIn and more), and content distribution and placement networks.
- Proven experience leveraging data to help manage large media budgets and experience setting monthly goals for user acquisition, CAC, retention, and other key performance metrics.
- A deeply analytical and data-informed style of working; having proficiency with CPA, LTV, A/B testing, promotional strategy, attribution models, and cohort analysis.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organisation.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $90,000 – $120,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location).