Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years’ experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Our product is a restaurant API that integrates data from existing restaurant systems, like orders, bookings and menus, to the end consumer apps and restaurant back office systems. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
We are on the lookout for an amazing organiser on an initial 12 month fixed term basis for maternity cover. This role would suit someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and is not afraid to get stuck in with new challenges on a daily basis.
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Extensive calendar and diary management for CEO, COO and when required the Senior Leadership Team.
- Extensive travel coordination (less so at the moment).
- Email management.
- Preparing and issuing relevant documentation for meetings, taking key actions/decisions and following-up on these points.
- Supporting the People Partner with a range of projects/goals across Business Operations.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating leadership events, off-sites, away days and company-wide events.
- Providing general administrative support to the business when required.
You must have
- Prior experience in a similar role, ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience supporting individuals at a senior level.
- Ideally experience managing senior level individuals in a remote environment.
- Prior experience having exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Highly organised and superb attention to detail.
- Have strong G suite skills.
- Be a strong communicator.
- Be self-motivated.
- Experience working in a tech environment or similar (Flyt comes from a startup environment).
- Ideally who has experience communicating via Slack.
- Not adverse to dealing with ever changing situations.
- This would ideally suit someone who is comfortably able to work within UK time zones.
Nice to have
Experience managing a team.
- Competitive salary – upto £32,000 depending on experience
- MacBook Pro to enable you to do your job
- A training budget to help you level-up
- A bonus pool based on performance
- 25 days paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme and engineering development programme to support you in levelling up and access to coaches on leadership, product and tech
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (on hold until it’s safe to do so again)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 4 stage process when it comes to this role. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60min interview with scenario based questions with our People Lead and Executive Assistant, a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other) and finally a chat with our CEO or COO.