As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers. As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
The Product Manager/Senior Product Manager is responsible for planning and driving assigned products through all phases of the product lifecycle.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conduct primary market research – including win/loss research, working with industry analysts, client & market surveys, customer advisory boards, and performing on-site visits with customers and prospects – to aid in defining the product direction.
- Perform assessment of target markets, industry trends, competitive products and BeyondTrust products.
- Define, validate and maintain product strategy, roadmaps and investment plans.
- Solicit input for new enhancements from customer-facing internal partners: sales, solution engineers, marketing, customer support, engineering.
- Research, define, and document market requirements and user stories associated with sustaining enhancements and new product development initiatives.
- Create and maintain a backlog of proposed product enhancements to be utilized to analyze and select what will comprise a product release.
- Develop financial justification analyses, utilize standard scoring criteria and obtain low-fidelity effort scoping to rank order and decide on which enhancements will be represented in a release.
- Work with other Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Solutions Engineers, and Software Developers to specify software requirements.
- Assist Product Marketing and Marketing in helping to properly position and launch new versions of BeyondTrust.
- Support pre-sales engagements with complex or unique customer installation questions in a timely, efficient and professional manner, and support sales enablement activities.
- Conduct post-release research to ensure the quality and fitness of released enhancements.
- Engage with customer advisory boards to obtain input on enhancements and validate roadmap and release direction.
- Provide scorecard results on a monthly basis for key investments and/or new product launches.
- Support annual strategic planning situation assessment and strategy development activities.
- Other duties as directed by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, product management, computer science or related field
- Preferred: MBA or Master’s Degree in marketing, product management, or computer science
- 3+ years of experience in product management or technical product management (Product Manager)
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technical product management (Senior Product Manager)
- Proficiency working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Passion for great product experiences
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new markets, technologies and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Must be self-reliant, but be able to communicate and contribute in a team setting
- Information security experience, especially Privileged Access Management
- UNIX/Linux, Windows, and macOS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Able to make decisions with limited data, and adapt as more information becomes available
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Support and adhere to BeyondTrust’s Core Values: Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Humility, Results
Location: Americas, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.