Gremlin makes the internet more reliable and resilient. As the industry leaders of Chaos Engineering, Gremlin helps companies build resilience into their increasingly complex software systems.
Engineering teams use our solution to safely inject controlled failure into systems to identify, fix, and prevent outages. More resilient systems translate to happier users and better business.
About the Role of Product Marketer
Product Marketing operates at the intersection of product management, sales, and the larger marketing organization. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with these teams and other areas of the company to produce sales collateral, clearly communicate the value of Gremlin to forward-thinking companies, and accelerate the sales process.
- Develop compelling messaging that conveys the value of Gremlin to our key markets, industry verticals, and target personas.
- Assist the Sales team with training, sales collateral, product positioning and competitive differentiation.
- Create original content – web pages, emails, ads, webinars, blog posts, videos, presentations.
- Work with the Product and Sales teams to successfully launch new features and products. This will include things like company readiness, collateral updates, PR/AR initiatives, digital campaigns, and demand gen programs.
- Develop collateral including white papers, blogs, and presentations.
Key Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of product marketing, product management or sales engineering experience, with a track record of mastering technical markets and products.
- Recent hands-on experience marketing B2B software, ideally targeted at enterprise IT operations, SRE, or network teams.
- Cogent writing, speaking and visual storytelling skills. Your work will appear in our blog, on our website, in sales presentations and at events that we host.
- An analytical eye and a penchant for an original story angle.
- Experience marketing to developers.
Nice to Have
- A background or degree in computer/network engineering
- Familiarity with JIRA, Github, and Netlify
- Experience working remotely or at a company with a remote culture
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and rectifying global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, they captured their learnings in the Gremlin product and launched the company in 2016.
Since then we’ve built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn and bring their knowledge over from other companies. We’re backed by top tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin we value:
- Work-life Balance – Our product helps engineers spend less time on incidents and more time doing what they enjoy. We expect the same for our employees. We offer a generous PTO policy, high quality benefits, and location flexibility for most positions.
- Clear Communication – Our communication is direct, concise, and above all honest.
- Customer First – We work diligently to ensure that what we deliver is of the utmost quality and empowers our customers to be successful.
- Experimentation – Employees challenge assumptions, experiment boldly, and quickly adopt beneficial ideas while abandoning unsuccessful processes.
- Ownership – We have skin in the game, master all aspects of our role, and take responsibility for our successes and failures.
- Scrappiness – Employees use the right resources for the task at hand. Excess and deficiency are equally avoided.
- Community – We take pride in building and bolstering all facets of our community, both internal and external to the company. We support one another and help others to succeed.
If you share our values and are passionate about building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world, we’d love to hear from you.
Gremlin is an equal opportunity workplace committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We are headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices in San Jose and San Francisco. We have remote employees across the United States, and many positions are location agnostic.