IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 8 million students worldwide, is seeking an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for integrating technology and best practice instruction into schools and classroom to help all students reach their full potential.
As Professional Learning Specialist, you will serve as a beacon of insight and creativity into how our customers can best use our world-class educational software, combined with best practice instructional strategies, to achieve instructional goals.
You will work as part of the Professional Learning Group to deliver high quality live webinars, virtual and on-site professional development sessions, and live events that highlight product implementation and inspire product usage.
You must be a natural presenter and people person, highly organized, creative, well-spoken, and have a desire to be part of a collaborative, high-energy team.
This is a full time, remote position for candidates in the central or eastern parts of the US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Deliver high quality live and recorded professional development sessions to customers to drive engagement with and usage of IXL
- Travel regionally to deliver high quality professional development sessions to schools and districts, and to lead live events – 30-50% possible travel
- Organize and coordinate professional development sessions for assigned customers
- Help customers achieve educational objectives by creating learning experiences that align with school initiatives, goals, and desired outcomes
- Participate in the development and improvement of professional development materials
- Partner with Customer Success and Sales team members to effectively manage and grow customer relationships
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree
- Must have 2+ years experience teaching in a K-12 setting; department- or school-level leadership background a plus
- Educational professional development experience a plus
- Familiarity with web-based technologies to support instruction
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others and has a positive, collaborative attitude
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently, from start to finish
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and quick learner with a passion for improving education through technology
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Apps, and WebEx products