Content Editor Needed ** WORK FROM ANYWHERE ** REMOTE Content Editor
3-5+ hours/day + long term
$2/500w editing rate
CONSISTENT work for 3-4 hours/day: Choose your time in CST anywhere from morning or evening (evening 5pm – 11pm CST), three hours/day max to start
Qualified and knowledgeable content writers/editors can usually edit 500 words in 5-8 minutes and catch all major typos.
Are you a writer/ content creator with knowledge of content marketing? Are you fast with tech and quick to learn?
Do you take pride in your quality of work?
Do you like working in a BUSY, productive, fast-paced environment, contributing to growth? Do you like finding and spotting typos, and are you a Grammar Nazi?
You could be a perfect fit in our open role!
**NOTE: SERIOUS CANDIDATES ONLY!** MUST be looking for a long term position.**
- Must know content writing, content editing (3+ years desired)
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be EXCELLENT with language and writing
- Should be a Grammar Nazi and able to spot typos in seconds
- Must know WordPress (will be posting blogs to clients accounts)
- Must know SEO content & content marketing (we serve clients in this area)
- Must be comfortable and professional with client communication & have a team player attitude
- Must be a team player, with a high level of integrity and humility
- Working within our teamroom (lots of training handed over before you start work!), reviewing all the copy that our writers create for check points (we have a guide).
- Read, reviewing, and re-uploading content.
- Looking for the RIGHT factors: not just typos, but content issues that affect clients, such as linking to a competitor, using keywords correctly, etc. This requires someone savvy in freelance writing/content marketing and/or SEO content writing.
- Using Slack to communicate with managers and other editors about writers, issues, questions, etc.
- Optional: Posting to WordPress and delivering/assigning the content to the right writers, as needed.
- Know the difference between a landing page and a blog, stop “bad writing” in its tracks before it goes to the client, and know the seriousness of that.
- Must have solid content marketing knowledge. We’ve found that works best, because you’ll be reviewing content that our handpicked copywriters send in to help solve the content problems of content marketing minded buyers.
- You’ll be quality reviewing a LOT of online content, in a variety: social media copy (with hashtags, emojis!), images for social media, to blogs and expert web pages. Knowing how to review for quality is key!
- You’ll be working on a directed trained review structure – all training materials provided, and joining a busy, dynamic team at Express Writers. You’ll review and ensure quality content, and look for the keys that make content “great” and our clients come back for more.
- You’ll contribute to our writer’s culture: We have a unique culture we’re developing in our team that means high levels of communication, and working together to refine and train the writers (creating reference materials and tests). Look for ways in which you can help writers grow.
Expertise required: 3+ years of copywriting and web writing required. Some online content editing background is a plus.
Send resumes and background experience and your short answer to “what makes you a GREAT content editor?” to us!