Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The BA is a capable technologist that will be the primary liaison between the business and the Salesforce delivery team. The BA works directly with the project team and stakeholders gathering requirements to analyze, design and/or implement technology best practice business changes. They work with senior members of the team ensuring the successful delivery of Salesforce.com implementation. The position applies IT and business knowledge and experience to formulate an IT solution or process change to solve a business problem. The BA is the project lead for solution design. He/she identifies and articulates the business need in a structured requirements development process, assesses technical system capabilities, works with IT team to recommend appropriate solutions, and develops and leads testing and issue resolution activities necessary for validating core requirements. The candidate will require strong communication skills and be capable of conducting consultations with all levels of staff and management.
Primary Job Functions:
- Facilitates the development of business requirements for technical solutions by acting as a liaison between the business users and various technology groups
- Identifies, analyzes, and translates business needs into functional specifications.
- Documents CRM requirements for configuring, testing and launching our CRM solution.
- Identifies product requirements for future enhancements.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles inconsistency and breaks down high-level information into details.
- Makes recommendations and proposes technical/non-technical solutions to solve business problems and meet business requirements
- Works in an agile environment, utilizing Epics, Features and User Story method to scope out requirements with the Scrum team
- Designs, creates, and documents process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models for the development team using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, SharePoint, and other like tools.
- Reviews business and system requirements with stakeholders (either in standups if Scrum or individually if not) and obtains approval to proceed
- Assesses business risk, potential severity, probability and strategy
- Enforces established business analysis guidelines and best practices
- Conducts root cause analysis and assesses risk and required escalation points
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Work with Architect and Developers to transform new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation.
- Develop, maintain with perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications with Salesforce Administrator and functional managers to create training materials and documentation for Salesforce.com users and help train new end users on Salesforce.com and related applications.
- Work with Delivery Lead/Project Manager to maintain and coordinate communication with the customer/client throughout each project.
- Point of contact for business’ user acceptance testing (UAT). Tracking results, triaging defects
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Contributes to team effort by providing support and input as needed to project updates, scheduling, invoicing, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of cumulative work experience as a business analyst or 3 years of experience as a business analyst combined with 3 or more years of related experience in the financial services industry, preferably mortgage lending
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience implementing CRM solutions from start to finish, including the creation of business requirements and other formal documentation.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to analyze problems and work from issue identification through resolution quickly and methodically
- Candidate must be able to conduct needs assessments with clients to identify business and marketing requirements to translate into business requirements
- Advanced knowledge of technical documentation methods and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with multiple project deliverables of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal with both business and technology staff; comfortable initiating conversations with non-technical peers within the organization, as well as the ability to translate business issues and requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Self-motivated and detail oriented. Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce Lightening experience (vs Classic)
- Financial Services industry knowledge
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.