As Senior Product Manager on our Flight Data & Deal Personalization team you will be responsible for collaborating with our flight experts to rethink and improve upon our deal discovery and delivery tooling. Additionally, you will be responsible for understanding the wants and needs of our current and future customers and building products and features that empower members to never overpay for flights again. You will be a part of the Scott’s Cheap Flights Product Team and will report to the Head of Product.
In the short term, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our flight experts to gain a deep understanding of our deal discovery, delivery systems, and processes with an eye towards innovations that lead to significant efficiency improvements
- Establish a regular cadence of facilitating product research by meeting with potential members and active members to better identify and understand their needs and desires as it relates to airfare
- Lead documentation and communication throughout the entirety of the product lifecycle for both technical processes as well as cross-functional teams that may be affected by changes.
- Gather and prioritize requirements from members and internal stakeholders to build, iterate, and own the flight-specific product roadmap for Scott’s Cheap Flights
In the long term, you will:
- Develop and ship major improvements to our deal discovery and delivery systems that greatly improve the workflows and efficiency of our flight experts
- Develop and ship compelling, engaging, and revenue-generating products that ensure members never overpay for flights again
- Own the process and execution of user research, product research, and go to market strategy.
- Exhibit a deep knowledge of our member personas, airfare & travel, target markets, competitors, and industry trends
- Manage the strategy for your pillar and own the cross-functional project management that is involved in implementing the roadmap.
What you bring to the table:
- Innovation: You have a track record of not only optimizing existing product lines, but building new, revenue-generating product lines from the ground-up that drive the business forward.
- Product Execution: You have experience in every stage of the product cycle – planning, discovery, development, testing, and analysis.
- Data Driven: You are obsessed with data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation and have worked closely with data analysts and/or data scientists in past roles.
- Change Agent: You aren’t afraid to think outside the box and have the ability to lead without authority, understand others perspectives, and interpret those opinions and validate with data to build great products alongside the team.
- Simplifying Complexity: You are able to deeply understand and simplify complex systems and processes through product innovation and automation.
- Big Picture Thinking: You are able to develop products that tie together the internal tooling with member-facing products.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years working in product management with a majority of the experience in a B2C organization
- Comfortability with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and agile development
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experiencing conducting customer interviews and using the insights to build high-impact products
- Impeccable ability to effectively collaborate in a highly cross-functional environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have’s:
- Deep understanding of growth loops
- Experience working within the travel industry
- Remote work experience
- Subscription experience
- Mobile experience
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (this year we went to Riviera Maya!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.