As Skillshare’s Senior Trust & Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and building out our T&S program as we scale. In this role, you’ll oversee and execute our T&S processes to identify and root out problematic behavior, create new strategies and workflows using tools such as Sift Science and SQL, and develop policies and guidelines for Skillshare. This is a challenging role with a lot of growth potential – you’ll own the hands-on work initially, and start to build out processes and strategy that can scale with the growth of our business.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee T&S operations at Skillshare, in collaboration with our Sr. Manager of Customer Experience
- Collect and analyze trends in user behavior across Skillshare, and identify when that behavior steps outside the norm
- Develop policies and processes to review, manage, and address cases as they crop up across the platform
- Drive impact cross-functionally by identifying and raising T&S issues to Community, Product, Engineering, and Data teams to implement a comprehensive, forward-thinking strategy to tackling problematic behavior
- Strategize future processes, policies, and workflows to ensure the long-term protection of the Skillshare platform
Why we’re excited about you:
- Prior experience in a Trust & Safety role: You’re familiar with the tools, tricks, and technology of T&S team, and your experience will ensure we build this out the right way.
- Analytical skills: We are looking for someone who enjoys gathering the data and spotting anything outside the norm.
- Experience with Excel and Sift Science (or a comparable T&S tool) are a must, and advanced analytical tools or SQL experience will be a big plus.
- Operational skills: You love building new systems and processes, and are comfortable taking initiative to roll them out.
- Collaboration skills: You’re excited to take the lead on T&S initiatives, working cross-functionally with teams across the company and acting as the main point of contact for any policy issues that arise.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll lead the strategy and creation of processes that determine the future of Trust & Safety at Skillshare.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats, prep us for scale, and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by Crain’s, and one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB – https://jobs.lever.co/skillshare/1b70ec84-724f-4ec2-a410-d6e8556138d5/apply