We are looking for a qualified Social Media Strategist to join our growing team! If you are obsessed with social media, a social trendsetter or spotter, and experienced with social media ROI, we want to talk to you!
As a Social Media Strategist, your primary focus is to integrate with the client, provide best-in-class service, collaborate in creating compelling and original content, build loyal social media communities, and provide thought leadership in social media strategy to our enterprise clients.
Our ideal candidate knows how to read social media data and take complex topics, and confidently make them into digestible strategic recommendations that can be articulated across large organizations. They must be able to be a brand and data storyteller who is passionate about results.
You must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, self-motivated, entrepreneurial environment; be a team player who is social-savvy, and have the ability to work independently and collectively in a unique virtual environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume the voice of the brand(s); connect and engage with fans and followers across all social networks
- Lead the organic development and growth of the various communities and social media activities across the client’s online purview
- Support the development of the social content strategy with the client’s social strategists and marketers
- Research, craft and post interactive, thoughtful, intelligent, and provoking content that encourages community participation. Identify behavioural and technical issues, patterns, and trends in the community
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights through the relevant channels
- Provide superior customer service for all aspects of online community management (e.g. product issues and feedback, issues with social tools, etc.)
- Identify, discuss, educate, and recommend new offerings that will help or enhance the value of the relationship, both related and unrelated to ICUC
- Lead client meetings, be it weekly, monthly, quarterly, report-specific, etc.
- Act as a resource for the Directors and VP’s to help promote our social media strategy and engagement services into existing moderation or monitoring-only services
- Work with our reporting team to ensure client reports are on target and are providing maximum value at the client requested cadence
- Maintain current knowledge of the evolving social media space, ensuring best practices and thought leadership are shared with clients when an appropriate
Required Skills & Experience
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Adverting, or related field.
- A minimum of 2.5 years’ experience in social media: social media strategy, community management, and/or equal enterprise marketing experience.
- Media Agency experience is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience using social channels: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, SnapChat, Tik Tok, etc.
- Experience in Social Media Management Systems like Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Background in crafting social content and writing copy, analyzing performance, and adjusting strategy accordingly for optimal results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with engaging presentation skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with creative content publishing & writing.
- Knowledgeable of past and current social media trends.
- Has experience creating social media playbooks, slide decks, content calendars and presentations.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly.
- The candidate will be required to successfully undergo a Criminal Record Check.