Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers – including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
The goal of the Technical Account Manager is to stay closely engaged with strategic customers and multiple internal teams to drive customer success, ensuring retention as well as exploring opportunities for expansion. It is key to have deep technical knowledge of the data quality & data integration domain spaces, as well big data expertise. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual who is able to liaison effectively on topics that span product issues, roadmap, customer projects, etc.
- Partner with designated customer accounts, staying proactively involved and regularly communicating to understand their use cases, issues, requests, upgrade plans, roadmap, and strategy, to ultimately ensure success with our software.
- Onboard assigned customers, ensuring attainment of the initial use case(s) for which they purchased product. Review open support cases and defects using internal systems, work with Support and Engineering teams, and work with the customer to understand priorities.
- Be able to drive data quality and data integration architectural sessions with clients, providing advice on architecting a solution with Syncsort product suite.
- Work with designated customers to drive retention, getting visibility into and alleviating high-risk situations.
- Land and expand opportunities – drive expansion of product as well as potential adoption of other growth Syncsort products by exploring and understanding customer use cases.
- Understand and learn the customer’s environment and product use, and gain visibility into reasons inhibiting product use, communicating this information back to product management and development teams.
- Be able to demo new product features, as part of bi-annual or quarterly updates for customers.
- Engage customers on development of new features, working with them as design partners via coordination with customers, PM, and Engineering.
- Communicate with customers on product and company direction to find future synergies.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, and coordinate situations such as the delivery of a patch/build, prioritization of defects/enhancements, and escalation of support tickets.
- Guide customers on building a center of excellence with recommendations on use of services, support communication, best practices etc.
- Deep technical knowledge of data quality and data integration, as well as big data domain spaces to be able to navigate through support cases, services engagements, and product issues.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills and ability to drive product demos.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to advocate effectively for the customer as well as balance the needs of the business.
- Prior experience (10+ years) in customer support or professional services, or prior experience in customer success.
- Ability to build relationships with key players at strategic customer accounts as well as internal teams, and handle escalated situations with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- A minimum of a post-secondary degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Syncsort or Pitney Bowes Software &Data product suite is an added benefit.