Frontastic is looking for a (Technical) People Lead with experience managing technical teams to join us Full-time. We’re a remote company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a talented and passionate leader who has previously led an engineering/technical team, who wants to focus on people rather than tech. An effective communicator, able to support the performance, ongoing engagement, and development of individuals. You’ll be working alongside our Technical Leads, People Experience Lead.
- You will act as a line manager for individuals in multiple teams working closely with the People Experience Lead and Functional Leads to support those individuals in their personal and professional growth.
- Define common metrics of success for all individuals with the People Experience Lead and Functional Lead, and for measuring and evaluating those metrics on a regular basis.
- Contributing to teams’ success by ensuring the high engagement of all team members.
- Supporting the individual development of people for example by arranging coachings, internships, pairing, supervision, and so on.
- Assessing individuals’ performances in relation to the expectations of their role.
- Navigating career development and discussions around promotions, and salary, with support from the People Experience Lead and Leadership.
- Responsible for the recruitment of new colleagues within assigned teams.
Who You Are
- You reside and work in Europe (UTC to UTC +2)
- Are a very approachable person with great interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Passionate and fully dedicated to helping others develop and excel in their own roles
- Basic technical knowledge to understand the background of problems in development teams
- Experience in managing and leading individuals within Engineering Teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and needs of a software product company
- Understand what it means to be Agile; you embrace change, know how to inspect and adapt, and act in an authentic and transparent way
- Experience in coaching and mentoring individuals
- Ability to sense and solve conflicts with individuals and groups
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- It would be helpful if you already have experience working remotely
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How We Work
We’re a remote company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you are available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
42 days of paid leave entitlement. We don’t require you to take off your local public holidays. You can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
- You may notice that there is no salary listed here. This is intentional, we want to hire the best talent possible, and will consider all applications on their individual merit. Since we currently work from 12 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d Love to Hear From You
If the Technical People Lead role sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” to email@example.com and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!