Collaborative Solutions is seeking Payroll Consultants who will work on project teams as individual contributors while guiding customers through the transformation, implementation, and operation phases of a Workday implementation. Payroll Consultants must have a technical aptitude and be capable of configuring the product to meet the business requirements and design specifications. While strengthening their knowledge in the Workday product suite, Payroll consultants act as Collaborative’s subject matter experts in the area of Payroll.
- Become a Workday Payroll expert with knowledge of design, configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Leverage your expertise to recommend the best solution based on the client’s requirements, budget, and timeframe; with the flexibility to adapt the scope as additional needs are identified.
- Guide the customer through facilitated design sessions and configuration decisions based on best practices and an understanding of the customer’s unique business requirements at all stages of the project.
- Regularly engage and support the client through all phases of the project, ensuring a smooth transfer from legacy systems to the Workday solution.
- Perform multiple tasks under limited direction, while regularly keeping the client, your project team and your Engagement Manager abreast of changes or progress related to the project.
- Work alongside the client-side Project Manager regarding changes in scope.
- Use your functional knowledge across the payroll function to proactively respond to client questions or concerns.
- Provide support and guidance to the client’s parallel payroll testing.
- Act as a mentor to fellow consultants and analysts, including providing support for shadow assignments.
- Actively participate in update training and internal opportunities to share one’s skills and learnings with others within the organization.
- Effectively and openly communicate across different levels of the organization, both Collaborative’s and the client’s.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Human Resources Management, HRIS, Accounting, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a payroll consultant and/or payroll practitioner (managing payroll for a minimum of 10-15 states and/or 2,500-3,000+ personnel), with in-house ERP applications preferred.
- Workday Payroll and/or end-user Workday experience, highly desirable.
- Functional knowledge of the payroll function including, but not limited to, payroll interface, payroll processing, time and attendance, and leave of absence.
- Experience moving from one payroll system to another, with a solid understanding of how to test a new payroll system running in parallel against a legacy payroll system.
- Familiarity with taxation, tax exceptions, and deferred compensation plans.
- Experience with the discovery process (determining current state and targeted future state payroll).
- Project management or team lead experience, required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with a solid commitment to detail.
- Passion for exceptional customer service and customer collaboration.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Willingness to reach across teams to accomplish defined goals.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Equal Opportunity statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran.
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. If you’d like to voluntarily submit your disability status to us, please use the url in this posting to complete the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form and send it to EEO@collaborativesolutions.com. Any answer you provide will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.